visa...oh my

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Karritada, May 14, 2009.

1. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Generally, 4-8 weeks before you leave, they'll send you the info

2. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Yeah I think us Sept 22nd-ers can maybe expect to be going down to London last August, early Sept. Obviously the petition stuff comes a couple weeks before that

3. bexlea

bexlea New Member

When I go for my visa at the beginning of July I'm gonna have to stay over for a night, just wondered what hotel others have stayed in when going for their visa?? Thanks.

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

my brother lives in london luckily...i think michelle stayed in a hotel though, so it may be worth speaking to her :)
    here's a map of bond street to the us embassy which could be useful for finding somewhere to stay bex: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bond+Street+Station,+London+Underground+Ltd.,+Oxford+St,+London,+W1R+1FE+(Bond+Street)&daddr=Grosvenor+Square,+London,+W1K+2+(US+Embassy)&geocode=FcwJEgMdrLj9_yFBDM_J8Q2l6w%3BFcj_EQMdf6r9_yHLNrxuDpppsQ&hl=en&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=51.51222,-0.15096&sspn=0.003085,0.006909&ie=UTF8&z=17

i think, dare i say it, i am all prepared for my visa interview now...who knows until i get tehre though :/

5. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I stayed at the Edward Lear which is like a 10min walk (thank goodness since the tubes were on stike!) it was £59 for the night for a single room with shared bathroom. I loved it - quite basic but really clean and friendly.

6. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey Guys

I stopped in the Marble Arch inn, also a 10 minute walk from the place, and a 5 minute walk from Oxford st, really hand
    basic room, with a bed, you got some free cereal and whatnot for breakfast
    and there is a kettle so you can have a good bru

was a shared toilet on the landing tho

cost about £45

7. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Booked my appointment for July 31. So nervous this is too late, as I leave Aug 18, but I can't go any earlier as I'm on holidays! Emailed Michelle to see if this is OK, if she advises me to go earlier I am gonna phone and beg lol! From what I understand you can change the date if you want, no probs.

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm just gonna quote what i said to helen on facebook, it may be useful for people on here

9. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Your fine Helen. You'll get your passport back within a few days of your interview. Mine was on the friday and it came back the following Wednesday which was good considering the weekend too

10. Karritada

Karritada New Member

as lee says, youll be fine :) i had my interview on the same day and had my visa back on the tuesday. dont be nervous, itll be fine and have a a fab holiday

11. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Michele emailed back saying it was fine! Lol, I wonder how many !!PANIC!! emails she gets a day? ;D Getting excited to go back to London now :)

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm pretty sure she's had like fifty five from me...

13. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

hahaha matt likes to send panic emails frequently.

14. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i sent one earlier because i didn't know if they sold milk in america and whether i'd have to bring some over

15. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

16. torham

torham New Member

Haha :p I've always liked the way they get milk in the movies, in these cute little 6packs of milk bottles

17. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

18. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

got milk?! :p :p

I know they do awesome bags of milk in canada, so they might do something similar in the states!

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

he doesn't really do it in 10 seconds...not that i'm fussy or anything ;)

20. sarah*86

sarah*86 New Member

I've booked my visa for the 7th august which is only 11 days before i go but i can't get to London any sooner!
    Anyone else scared by the phone call? I've never been asked so many questions.