Visa!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Tigger:-D, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Ona

Ona Member

Yeah I was quite lucky last time. Only spent about an hour or so there but the interview only lasted about 20 seconds! :eek: There were 3 of us disney folks there togther and when the first person was called, they guy was so excited that she was going to work for Disney, and that there were more of us, that he called the rest of us up at the same time! ;D Was soooo not what I was expecting. ;D

I'm almost def. going to go to Belfast this time. I'm going to make a trip out of it and stay with my friend in Belfast. :D

Ona x

2. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

I got my visa through this morning and Im a bit worried :-\

It says it expires on September 1st, however I have planned a holiday until the 10th :'( because I thought I was entitled to 30 days travel as well. Does this mean that I have to leave on Sept 1st. If so, this is gonna cause a major problem :'( :'(

3. Elaine!

Elaine! New Member

hey chrissie!

i emailed alexis and she assured me that the sept 1st on the visa just refers to when you can work until but you are still allowed to stay in the states for 30 days afterwards so plenty of time for travelling! sorted!!

Elaine xx

4. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Hey guys!!

I have my visa interview tomorrow and i dont have anything to prove that i will be returning to uni!!!

HELP!

5. Tigger:-D

Tigger:-D New Member

I didnt get asked to prove that I was going back to uni...Actually I didnt even get ask if I was returning to the UK, lol. As long as you have got all the forms that Yummy Jobs said to fill out and your passport you will be fine!

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i think i needed to take proof. When i went up to the first booth where he asked for all my forms, i gave him all i had. he gave me back the ones they didn't need and kept the ones they did... he kept the letter from my university that i'm returning.

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I'm just looking at my visa from last year and the end date was 30th September - so that included the thirty 'extra' days. I'm sure Alexis is probably right, because of something called "Duration of Stay" that'll be stamped on your I-94 admittance card, but given how the US react to people over-staying, even accidentally, it might be worth checking with the embassy - better safe than sorry!!

8. hannahike

hannahike New Member

so where by is the embassy? all i know is that its in marble arch.

And they take ur passport off u dont they? How long was it before they returned it?

9. jayni

jayni New Member

from oxford circus station go towards marble arch. past bond street station and down on a street on your left hand side. just ask somone which street, thats what i did. once you get to places that have got police around and concrete barriers you know your headin in the right direction!
    yeah they take your passport. i had my interview last thursday and i still havnt got mine back yet.. starting to wonder how long it will be now!
    also, they did want proof of returning to uni from me caus i forgot to hand it over with all my other stuff and they asked me for it.

jayni

x

10. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Thats kool

I was able to get a letter for uni information sayin id been returning.... well it just says im due to finish in 2008, hope thats ok.

11. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Omg, Major panic again! I really wanna fone them but I dnt wanna pay £1.20 a minute.... :'(

12. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Sorry, not meaning to panic you.

I understand that 020 7499 9000 gets you through to the embassy at normal rate :D

13. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member