"wait listed'

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by nickthedreamer, Oct 30, 2012.

1. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

I was wondering if people could give me a little bit of advice.... I recently interviewed for the cultural program and i was today that I have 'successfully passed the interview but at the moment they are unable to give me a start date' - Does it sound like something they do alot? does anyone know anything about what the average wait time is and does it normally turn into a contract?

any advice would be AMAZING

Thank you

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Heyyy! I did the CRP a few years ago, and a LOT of my friends were waitlisted, it means they want you, but haven't got a fixed date for you yet but Disney are always opening up new dates for yummy to send applicants out, so it basically means your on a waiting list, and if disney contact yummy and go 'heyyy i want 10 more people for this day' then yummy pick off the list. ::) hope this sheds some light on it xxx

3. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

Its a really frustrating thing but can lead to awesome things! There's generally too many applicants for some countries than spaces available, so they end up on a "wait/opportunity list" Its horrible at the time as you don't know what the hell is gonna happen, but it generally means that the recruiters want you, but just don't have a place/know they availability yet. Most people get a place so don't give up your hopes yet, the only crazy thing is that they can ask you to go to WDW within a months notice! x

4. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

Thank you for all your advice! I actually applied through Disneyland Paris as I am a castmember here so I applied through the international services here in Paris.
    Im excited about the future and I am pleased I am this stage, i just wish i knew what was coming. Fingers crossed to anyone else who is waiting for dates/contracts

5. Sophie21

Sophie21 New Member

Yeah waitlisting appears to be quite common...I was waitlisted in March and found out in August that I'd got a date. Like Jen said, it's frustrating, but hold onto the fact they you know they want you for the program, it's just a case of finding out when :)

6. Catherino

Catherino New Member

Since you've applied a different way to most people, I'm thinking that perhaps they've waitlisted you until they sort everything out, so you're chosen along with everyone else, if you get what I mean? Like they'll need to correlate your date with other people and stuff like that, so they'll tell you your waitlisted and then if you're lucky enough, give you a date when they give out everyone elses (which is supposed to be Dec 14th at latest!). Just a guess, but I suppose it would make sense!

7. CranberryBliss

CranberryBliss New Member

International Services is also responsible for all the german applicants and the results were given out last tuesday. A lot of people were waitlisted with the same message you got, that they successfully passed but had to wait for a departure date. There are around 60 people in the FB group for german applicants and around half of them got a departure date by now.

8. aj_hat

aj_hat Member

Hey Nick!

Jen's right, they want you! Obviously they can't commit to a position that they just don't have. They do it a lot, the vast majority of our group were opportunity listed.

Catherino has a very valid point, I don't think the UK applicants who applied through Yummy Jobs have found out yet, have they? So maybe Disney World will hand out their dates all at once, both to Yummy and to International Services?

I know you've seen the video but as some other applicants might be getting wait/opportunity listed I just wanted to slap my link in here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK_K9IR31ho It's just a video I did in regards to the result it's self, I couldn't find any when I got opportunity listed, so I hope it's helpful to some of you out there.

Have a magical day!