Waitlisting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by snow.white87, Mar 27, 2006.

1. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

JORDEN'S IN!!

..same date..same 6mos!

His mother e-mailed me to tell me. tee hee <3

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yup I'm in as well now :D, hopefully I still have the chance at the year!

3. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Congrats Jorden! :D

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Thanks! Congrats to everyone else who found out today as well!

5. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Haha to think...I only thought one other person had my start date! LOL!

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol makes you wonder how long Cast-A-Way (or Disney) knew about this program eh?

7. Nitsa

Nitsa New Member

Congratulations everyone!! I can't wait to meet all of you. Weirdly enough one of my friends, an alumni, was telling me about this when we went out tonight... I knew that I had to check if you guys got in. And Jorden, I knew that you'd get there before me!! A huge congrats to you.

8. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

*bounding with excitment*

what an awsome day! Jei I am so glad we got a chance to grab on to your start date, we are going to have a blast ... and don't worry Jorden, Eric sounded pretty sure we'd be back on the waitinglist and heading down in no time after we get back (like Dec or Mar I think he said).

Hey Stacie and Jorden what parks did you guys say? When Eric asked me I said I didn't know ... since I had been thinking I'd be at the Candian Pavillion I hadn't thought about what other park I'd want to work in, so he marked me down for any.

CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!

9. adjonline

adjonline New Member

This is the alumni program that was announced a couple months ago. It appears they didn't get enough alumni...!

10. monkian

monkian New Member

OMG OMG OMG...ITS ALL GONE MAD...wait whats going on??? so you are going down for how long then???OMG OMG OMG it is soooooooo exciting.....You coming to right MARA??? sooooooo cooool

congratulations

11. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

congrats Jordan nice to finally have the burden lifted off your shoulders...

Andrew

12. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I'm marked down for any as well, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I asked Eric if getting put on the waitlist was a sure thing for a 1 year position when we got back, and he kinda dodged the question but I got the feeling we may not get the one year, so we'd better enjoy our 4.5 months (5 if anyone took that June 4 date).

Thanks Andrew for the Congrats.

Ana: They called it a 6 month program, but I'm there from June 20-Nov11, when you look at the days it's really about 4 and a half months so it's not nearly as long as it sounded. When I get back I'm back on the waitlist for the cultural rep program.

I'm quite happy to be going, a little dissapointed with the length, but at least I'm going for a little while and thats what matters in the long run. I may get lucky and still get another 12 months later on down the road as well!

13. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Yes Ana! I'm coming!!! Yay! We are going to have a blast hun!

Jorden, stop being such a pesimist :p You're giving the poor guy a hard time that's why he's dodging questions. Besides if anyone really screws up the 5 months ofcourse your status on the waiting list isn't for sure ... he's just covering his butt.

14. Kristine

Kristine New Member

Hey guys I'm going down on the 20th tooooo........Sooooooo excited

15. Momsy

Momsy New Member

Hey guys, this is snow.white87 impersonating her mother.
    Looks like we got a whooole lotta people heading down on the 20th! Fun Fun Fun!!

Ana, Tamara and I...I'm worried as to what kind of trouble the three of us are going to get into when put together! We're going to have a blast! Indiana Jones stunt show? Followed by Star Tours? Followed by eating mass amounts of churros! Woop woop!

Anyway, Im still looking at flights and I'll post the information I've dug up on the June 20th FLIGHT thread.
    Talk to you all later and congratulations!
    See y'all real soon!!
    -Jei

16. PrincessNat

PrincessNat New Member

Congratulations to you all!!! ;)

17. doowop

doowop New Member

yes well well done!!

18. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Everything's falling together quite nicely.

19. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Ya mara mouse i said put me anywhere to.

And i have to disagree with you Jorden only because Eric said to me that this opportunity could be something to do while waiting for a postion for the year program, and that it could very well happen that when we come back that we could get called in December with a start date for the international program.

Plus this opportunity is going to make us stand out from the next group of ppl getting hired for the program cuase we'll have experience and .... if we all do well ... will already have a good word put in for us. So if anything i think this is just going to increase are chances of getting into the international program. I have high hopes!!!

20. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Well put Stacie! That's the impression I got too!