Walmart

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussion and Buy/Sell/Trade' started by little suze, May 31, 2007.

1. little suze

little suze New Member

Hi, I've had a look at the map and there are 3 Walmart's relatively close to where we will be staying, does anyone know what one people usually go to?

Thanks
    Vic xx

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Its on the same road that the ponderosa is on..I think it could possibly be I94?

The bus takes you there anyway..I know how to get there and i could probably point it out on a map and everything, just not 100% what the roads called that its on..

3. maxiv

maxiv New Member

would you please give me the link to that map? :)

4. toddlystockley

toddlystockley New Member

I've actually been to that Wal-Mart many times before when we went over on our holidays. I love Wal-Mart but I get the impression that I'll grow sick and tired of it after a year ;)

5. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Its on the 535 i think- same road as Vista Way is on. That's the one the bus goes too anyhow.
    Wal-Mart Supercenter #5420
    3250 Vineland Road
    Kissimmee, FL 34746
    Is the address!
    Charlotte x

6. KingJacobus

KingJacobus New Member

As a frequent visitor to Florida, I know there is definitely a Walmart on the 192, but how far that is compared to the others I have no idea.

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah it's the one on 535...only about 10 mins from Vista, but it takes an hour to get there because your have to go to Chatham and the Commons, then Publix and then finally Walmart...lucky it only takes 15 mins to get back to Vista!

8. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Sounds like it might be faster to walk!

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Quite a few VERY major roads to cross for that.

10. Loz

Loz New Member

Maybe we can run? :p
    (I'm going to assume Florida traffic is a little heavier than it is in regional Australia)

Question though-what's Wal-mart all about? I went to one as a kid and have happy memories of a giant store and buying a cool (but very ugly) coat. Do they do groceries too?

11. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Is it true they sell guns to anybody old enough?

12. Loz

Loz New Member

how old is old enough?

13. Bryce

Bryce New Member

7 is fine by me.
    They sell them like Coke over there.

14. Loz

Loz New Member

Walmart sells drugs too?! Oh man, they do have everything. :p

I wouldn't base your perceptions of America totally on Bowling for Columbine though

15. Bryce

Bryce New Member

LOL @ the bank that was giving out free guns when you open an account. ;D

16. DisneyGibbs

Yeah, I don't fancy crossing 6/8 lanes thank you very much! Even crossing the 535 outside Vista was stressful enough...especially when they gave you 7 seconds to cross!

17. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

is it expensive to get a taxi there? sounds like it might be the easiest way.

18. DisneyGibbs

Hmmm from Vista it's about $7-$9 so not bad if you're going with a few other people.

19. patto

patto New Member

back to the point about walmart and groceries?? (tho the guns sound funny to in a sick and sad way) i heard that prices for everything are jacked up around WDW because of all the tourists who NEED stuff and are force to pay high prices? (although i doubt they would be as crippling as The Melbourne Show lol)