Walt Disney World and University of Central Florida Work and Study Program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by purpleindigo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. purpleindigo

purpleindigo New Member

In a reply to a moan about the fact that there are no CP spaces to 2008, Alexis at Yummy Jobs emailed me about the Walt Disney World and University of Central Florida Work and Study Program.

Has anyone heard of this, or done this, or is anyone currently on it?

Has anyone been to the Rosen College of Hospitality Management?

The program is a 6 month mix of one day a week study and then work in the parks. Seems similar to the J1 program, but only for 6 months, and with courses not run by Disney.

2. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Have a look on this block: http://soumyadisney.blogspot.com/
    I think the girl is doing the program at the moment. They just started with it this year, that's why you can't find a lot of information about this one.

Chrissi

3. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

It runs From July - Jan and Jan - July, cost $1800 to cover the fees.

4. purpleindigo

purpleindigo New Member

I've since got more info about the scheme.

It's apparently brand new. And it has start dates coming up in July and October. You do 16 days of study at the university spread over the first 8 and last 8 weeks of the scheme. And then I think you can get any entry level role so it seems to be the same work choices as the International College Program.

5. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Yes, you work while you're out there and you you go to classes when your not working.

6. --Toño--

--Toño-- New Member

i´m searching for some studies over there.. like GMAT exam.. or something like that ´coz í´d like to get an mba... someone has info about it..?.. i´ve been searching for but.. no to clear.. and about legal papers i don´t know if a can study...

7. Vickygirl01

Vickygirl01 New Member

I applied for this program. I have my interview on march 31 in Puebla, Mexico. If I get in, I can tell you more info,,,bye ;)

8. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I'm going to do this program in July and working in Hospitality. I still haven't been forwarded any information regarding the study aspect, other than its at Rosen College on I-Drive.