Want to work at Disney World/Land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DramaDuke101, Aug 22, 2012.

?

Please can someone help me answer this...

1. Auditions for Disney Channel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Acting classes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DramaDuke101

DramaDuke101 New Member

Hi,

I am a South African male student currently studying B-Com Financial Management and stage-film acting part-time. I will get my degree at the end of next year, 2013. I want to work at Disney World or Land in 2014. What I really want to do as well is continue with acting classes in my free time AND go for auditions preferrably for Disney Channel and commercials.

What type of visum/visa must I have to work at Disney World/Land AND be allowed to audition and work on set/films etc.? Also will this be possible even to have free time to go for acting classes and auditions, maybe get an agent, if I work at Disney World/Land and where will it be better to work if I want the most audition opportunities for Disney channel - California or Orlando? Lastly, when will be the best time to apply for work at Disney Resorts if I want to go in 2014?

I have searched everywhere on the internet for answers but results have been a fail. And if there's any plan B suggestions to help with how to get a visum/visa to be able to enter the USA and persue an acting career, please share. Thanks in advance!

Regards.

2. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

Hello DramaDuke101,

It's kind of hard to get a visa to work in the United States. Check here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/

But maybe for South Africans it's easier than for us Germans.

The one way I know of is to apply for a year program as a CRP or similar, check for that here: https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/

The programs for international students only apply to Disney World in Florida, so there would be no California-choice. IP can also answer your questions about when to apply.