WDW ICP 2014

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by SamIvey, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

Yes!! I know 2014 is a lloonngg way ahead and I'm still doing my GCSEs!! BUT!!
    What is the likelihood of actually making it through the selection process??
    Is it worth me getting my hopes up?
    If it is, what can I do to make it more likely for me to be accepted when I apply in 2 and a half years time?

SORRY WRONG SECTION I WILL NOW RELOCATE!! LOL!!

2. Linzee

Linzee New Member

I would say that as you are thinking about it now yes! Knowing about the programme really does help, I didn't get through last year but after a year of research I managed to get through and am going in May !!! ;D But as you have soo much time try and get a job involving good customer service and remember to shine when it comes to applying! Good Luck for 2013!

3. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

Thanks!! CONGRATULATIONS! Have a great time! Unfortunately it's CA for me in 2011 so I won't see you D:

Sorry for posting in the wrong section!!

4. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

do you want to do the icp - international college programme or the crp - cultural representative programme?

they are 2 different programmes on different visas

icp - you are on J1 visa and you need to be doing a course at a partner uni - you work wherever they need you in parks/resorts and take classes at uni too. you will prob live at chatham or vista

crp - you are on Q1 visa -anyone can apply - year long programme - working only at UK area of Epcot either in F&B or Merch or HRC - and you will be living in commons or patterson (altho u might start out in one of the housing complexes if they are short of room but they move u over as soo as space is available)

Im guessing from ya post you mean the crp - sure its worth applying and you have as much chance as anyone of being accepted. you can apply when your 17 if you will turn 18 before the start dates they are interviewing for e.g. people applying in this roun d for positions august onwards could be 17 so long as they turn 18 before august

there doesnt seem to bed specific skills they look for altho getting a part time job in a shop or restaurant or fast food place will always look good on your CV and not just for Disney - it will also help you save for the process. It costs around £1000 to do the programme:
    -cost of travel to face to face interview (and hotel room if your comig from a fair distance fomr london - usually u have to be at interview around 8ish so most people tend to travel down the night before their interview) thats normally around £100
    -call to usa embassy to arrange your appointment around £10
    -housing assessment fee arod £70 (its $100 so depends on exchange rate)
    -visa (cant remmeber cost for that) plus travel to embassy in london / belfast plus postage for yours docs to be sent back to you once visas in there £15 and visa photos £6
    -health insurance (illegal to work without it and you have to provide proof of health insurace on your first paperwork day) depending on what you get can be £250 upwards
    -flights £350 upwards plus cost fo travel to airport
    -cash for first few weeks as your first paid day of work isnt until you do traditions so the first 2 weeks you are broke most people take around $500+

also having work experience will show them that you are reliable and that cant be a bad thing - id also recommend learning about walt disney and the company and its history and standards so that if you have an interview you can show how you fit with the disney company

5. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

I actually meant summer ICP but I am interested in looking at both! What are the pros and cons of them?

6. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

the summer one is shorter but you ca always do both i think u have more chance of being accepted on the summer progr than on the crp but ot 100% about that