WDW ICP vs CRP

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by SamIvey, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

What are the pros and cons of each? As much detail as possible pleeaassee!! Lol!!
    I need to decide which is for me, although I do have 2 years to do so!! Haha.

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

ICP
    -Only 3 months long
    -Can work anywhere in any role
    -Must be at uni immediately before leaving

CRP
    -12 months long
    -Must work in your country's Pavillion (pretty much limited to Food and Merchandise)
    -Opportunities to be a trainer etc

3. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

So do you not have to be in uni to do the CRP?? How old do you have to be?

4. Alex88

Alex88 Member

18 years

5. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

The CRP is a lot harder to get onto. What I usually advice people is to try for the CRP for your gap year (assuming you're about to go to uni). If you don't get a position on the CRP, go to uni (don't put it off), do the ICP for the first summer you're there. Decide if Disney is really for you, and do the ICP for every summer throughout uni if it is. Once you finish uni, if you still love Disney, try for the CRP again!

6. SamIvey

SamIvey New Member

I was thinking of that!!

7. ariella

ariella New Member

One thing I think is a good thing about doing the ICP over the CRP is since the ICP is so short in length, if you don't like the job it isn't a year out of your life. If you do the ICP and you love it, apply for the CRP. Working at Disney is amazing (I wouldn't be going back for my third program if it wasn't) but there are some people who start working and realize it isn't for them despite their love for Disney.

8. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

I did the CRP and Loved it! Now I'm back in university and applying for ICP.

But i agree that for some people disney was not what they expected and they left. 3 months is a little easier to endure if you aren't completely happy.

CRP you are stuck working in your countries pavilon. I was lucky to be Canada Attractions (attractions is the best :D ) but everyone seemed to at least like their job or aspects of it. CRP is nice because I found people in the pavilion really bonded and became an extended family ( of course its not all smooth sailing and you won't like everyone but it was very much a family vibe).

CRP was the best decision I ever made and really helped me come to the conclusion I wanted to go back to school.

I was 19 when i did the CRP and while it would have been nice to be legal, i didn't find it had much of an impact on the amount of fun i had. :)

Thats just my experience though, it will be different for everyone. Good luck with whichever you choose :D

9. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

You did the Canada attractions? How?! I really want that position when I apply for CRP! I'm going to mention that I took drama classes for about four years and that I'm taking Journalism in college where I interact and talk with people all the time. Hopefully that sounds appealing to them!