WDWIP Cast of Wicked!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DisneyGibbs, Oct 1, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont know if i will be joining the university choir at my university.

Thanks for giving me the role of the Wizard, i will cheerish the role and go a great job, lol. I hope we all get to go out there next year and we can actually put the production on, and im not kidding!

Your voice is lovely Lou, we must do a duet aswell.

2. Cicada

Cicada New Member

You have a great voice!

Wicked is coming to a city that is about 7-8 hours from where I go to school and if I had more money I would probably go. But I talked with my mum the other night and we cancelled our trip to Italy because it's too much money so will instead drive to New York City! It's sad I'm more excited about that. we are going to see billy elliot for sure! (again) and possibly 2 others. I can't wait.

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

We do get to :p in Wonderful...LOL. We should do something from Les Mis...like A Heart Full of Love, or In My Life lol.

4. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i back those claims of you having a great voice.

my parents are trying to get me tickets to see patrick stewart and david tennant in hamlet at stratford. but if they are too muchmoney i will be asking for wicked tickets!

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh ye i forgot about that, i like that song, it was in my higher exam this year, i couldnt believe they had Wicked as the musical in my exam, and i got an A for it, it was all thanks to Wicked!

I really want to go see Wicked, are they doing a UK Tour, do you know?

6. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I just did a quick google and I didn't see a uk tour pop up. sorry

7. DisneyGibbs

Not yet. Kerry is coming back to do it next year...I'm not sure if they would have the West End production and a tour at the same time like they do in the US...hey they have 4 running at one time! Our country isn't big enough for both.

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

les mis is awesome. i cant remember the character i played ... i keep thinking of giselle lmao! but i loved the part.

9. Cicada

Cicada New Member

OOO I just found this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7358869090839454737 It isn't amazing quality (from the first 30 seconds I watched) but it looks like it may be the entire show. Not the same but almost

And Les Mis is AMAZING! I saw the London and NYC casts and London was by far better!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I havent seen Les Mis live, ive watched the anniversary dvd, it was too depressing for me but im told it is fantastic on the west end!

11. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Is that the concert one because I found it boring. I was 11 but I like watching everything not just them standing up and singing one song at a time

12. DisneyGibbs

I loved the concert DVD...and I'm going to see it in 11 days! How excited am I???? We've sung pieces from it in choir...I sang I Dreamed A Dream for the uni musical audition, and On My Own is one of my exam pieces! You can hear those on my youtube page :p

13. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

yeh as much as i love it, it's really can get depressing.

14. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i sang one day more. its realy annoying me as i cant remember the characters name. i was the girl who is in love with the lead but couldnt have him and dies in the end ...if that helps. sorry if i have spoiled it for anyone.

i would love to play that part in real life :)

15. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Eponine... Les Mis is my #1 show that I want to be in, and I'd like to be her as well, but any part would make me happy, ensemble gets to do more so that would be fun

16. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I haven't ever seen it :-( and there are SO many musicals I want to see!! Wish I lived a bit closer to London so I could go more often without it being mega expensive.

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thanks koda....that has been annoying for ages. she is an amazing part.

i live 45 minutes away by train, we can get tickets that include underground. its good fun if you want to plan a day out.

i want to go see the lion king as well.

18. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

me too. i've never seen a show in the west end :-[

19. ginabella

ginabella New Member

the lion king is AMAZING
    mum n dad took us for our xmas present a couple of years ago, the only dissappointing bit was the young simbas voice, i know hes kinda little but i love the songs young simba does and it was just a bit disappointing.

i also saw guys n dolls with patrick swayze and claire sweeney in for my 18th.

i looooove going to the theatre, and i have the mayflower like 15 mins away from me at home, so i get to see loads of stuff. and cos my cousin is a westend drummer, i got to go backstage on the fame tour and stuff :D

wicked though, is the best...ever.

20. DisneyGibbs

I didn't like the Lion King all that much...I think the main thing was that the orchestra was too loud, and it made it very hard to hear the actors! The girl who played Nala goes to my old school! Hehe. I did however love the stampede scene and how they did it. Very exciting!

I prefered Mary Poppins a lot more...she was played by Scarlett Strallen (the sister of Summer who is currently Maria in The Sound of Music) and the show was amazing. The choreography was fantastic and it's a shame I only got to see it once.

Of course, Wicked...adore it. I will never tire of seeing it! One day I will be in it! LOL ;)

Hmm what else...I saw Joseph in 1991 with Philip Schofield and Linzi Hately and that's the show that really got me into musicals. I could practically sing the whole thing even now. Until I saw Mary Poppins, the Narrator was the only role I really wanted in musical threatre! Now I'd love to be Mary Poppins too.

Ooooh I saw Beauty and the Beast in 1998...amazing show; I think it had just opened with Julie-Alannah Brighten (who is on the London cast recording). I'd love to have seen it on Broadway with the added songs. A Change in Me is a beautiful song which I have sung many times! haha.