WE ARE ON THE WAITING LIST - or if u have been & have any info!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by minnie :), Feb 15, 2008.

1. burtner

burtner New Member

Well, I had to dig a little to find this thread...but I have to revive it because I got accepted! F&B Cdn Pavillion July 15th! It came the day before I was about to move to start my new job so I'm currently driving across Canada to work at my job long enough for them to find a replacement, then I fly back home in order to pack and get down to Florida!

I am so excited, the great thing about being on the waiting list is now I don't have to wait too long to be going down!

2. Timitu

Timitu New Member

That is awesome Burtner. When did you find out? Just recently? I did not even know they had the waiting list still going. Sounds like you will be super busy though. I know my friend found out (A7adragon on here) that she was going less then a month before she went down and man was she ever busy, and she did not even have all the stuff you have to do. So good luck with everything and less then a month now you can be chillin' in Florida. Glad to hear another person made it in. There are lots from our interviews down there now so they will be waiting. And I guess eventually (163 more days or so) we will be working together.

3. burtner

burtner New Member

hah hah....yup the waiting list was still going, I sure felt like the last person to be on it, but it all worked out! I heard June 15th, so exactly a month before I leave, haven't quite processed everything yet! So we'll definitely be working together once you get down!

4. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

hey another wait over!! i got accepted to july 29!! food and bevarage!!! really excited about that!! =D

5. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Does everyone on the waitlist end up getting a job eventually?

My fiancee got waitlisted for this current program but she cant go out until December. Now we are worried she wont get a position because there is only a 2-3 Month window before the next program, Feb 09 starts! :(

Its the UK pavillion by the way

6. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

well its a good chance to get the job, but i was waitlisted twice, and never got the offer, until this third time...

theres a good chance, i have seen most UK and Canadian waitlisted getting the job after all, more tha Mexican one, so i think theres still a chance for her! ;)

good luck and fingers crossed for her!

7. Toe

Toe New Member

Hi Everyone, this is Toe from Mexico, this is for who is on the waiting list and would like to hear my story:
    I applied for the Disney in February.... and i THINK, did really well with my english, but i wanted to go once i finished my semester... that was actually in late June, but the date i gave was till August 2008
    Then many weeks went by, without not even one new, and then i decided to call the coordinator in Mexico, and ask him what was going on... then he told me i was on the waiting list, and i could apply again 4 the next interviews.... when he said that i felt real real sad, i realized how much i really wanted to go to disney, and i called him back and i don't know why i said that... but then i said: hi!! it's me again.... i'd like to say that.... i don't know why im at the waiting list, i don't know what standards or terms u guys use to choose people, but if it is because of the date i gave... i can start working right now!!! don't care about school, and then he said: actually we need people to start working in may, june or july... and then i said : ok!!! i can start tomorrow lol. He said he would check it up, and he'd call me within a week to confirm me yes or no. Then he called and offered me the job!! NO MORE WAITING LIST, and I start on July 29TH ;D.... SO HAPPY

8. Timitu

Timitu New Member

If your on the waiting list you tend to get out earlyer then expected it seems. I had my interview with many other Canadian Friends in Feb. And then I got accepted for December, one of the last to go. My friend was put on the waiting list and was phoned on April 9th to see if she wanted a possition on May 6th... the earlyest of our arrivals from our interviews. Seems when your on the waiting list you find out your leaveing a month or so before you go. LOL. Anyeone out there been much more before a month. They have the bigger rushes on things.

Citywalk, is your fiancee only able to go in December? Or could she go earlyer? I know you both want to go down together, but it could be hurting her chances of even getting in if she says she can only go down in December. If she can tell her to broden her time of getting hired. That way there is a better chance you two will be down there together. Cause chances of getting accepted for the same date are not always that great. I really wanted to go down with my one friend who I mentioned above. I had it all planned out with us going together or even a month or so from eachother. Well she went May 6th I leave Dec. 2nd two farthest from eachother. It is not easy to get accepted for the same date as someone you know, it is just luck of the draw. But if she can open her window of time more then she might get accepted for say, September, and meet you down there, rather then the possibility of not getting in at all. :(

Good luck to her though. Hopefully she gets in so you guys will be there together for most of it, if not all.