whassupp!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by joey, Nov 18, 2004.

1. joey

joey Guest

I been interested in the International Program for a while now, I've handed in my CV and application, just wondered if anyone knew any stats e.g out of every 100 applicants, 1 gets a job bla bla bla. just dont wana get my hopes up thas all. I applied for the UK Int. fingy, you probly know wot i mean.

Cheers

Joey

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hey Joey!
    It always depends on the cirumstances how many people they will take.
    Like how busy is the park in general that year, how many people got terminated so far, how many people actually end up at the interviews. Even the recruiters can't tell you for sure. After the interview some people don't get a leaving date but are put on a waiting list instead. It means that you still have the chance to go, if someone who got accepted changes their mind.
    It also depends on how flexible the applicants are with the starting dates and the position to work in.
    When I had my interview they had about 240 people applying and they took about 60, just to give you an idea. But I know there are less applicants now, cause they only go to one big city instead of two for the interviews and also because of the whole political situation.

Good luck!!!
    Julia

3. joey

joey Guest

Ok thanks a lot for that, just have to wait and wait..... and wait

4. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL Oh yeah you just took the first step of the journey, there will be LOTS of waiting from now on!!! ;D But believe me, it's all worth it!!!
    Once you are there you have forgotten all about it!

Laterz
    Julia

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Good luck with it Joey, apparently they are taking 60 people on for the next stage of recruitment which i've just taken part in, the last face to face interviews were today for UK leavinb march-june2005. In london there were approx 40 people at the face to face interviews, heard belfast had approx 25, however not sure on how many attended cardiff last week and glasgow today. Hoping to hear a rough figure so i can work out my chances of gettin in.

the wait is agonising, any more q's u want answering im sure every1 will b more than willing to help

Sara x

6. joey

joey Guest

does that mean ill have to wait for the next set of interviews then? thanks for all your help by the way, im stuck in a boring office and i wanna be out there workin in disney!

7. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hey joey, snap!

I think the next set of Interviews are in February, well that's what i was told today on my telephone interview. I'm only at the very first stage and it's so painful a wait already :-\ I just wish i knew for sure that we'd got in for the main interviews! We being my boyfriend and I, we're both applying and obviously if one doesn't get in then we won't go so it looks like the odds are a little higher for us :'(

I just hope disney don't frown on us both wanting to go out together. We know all about the living arrangements etc and are cool with everything, we just want to gooooooooooooooooooooo x

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hello again!
    I'm stuck at home with a ton to study for my final exams and I can't get out!!!! I think I migth go insane!!! :eek: And I don't even have the possible chance to go to Disney cause I have already been there! LOL
    Anyways... ::) When you applied to Disney you must have gotten the information for which time you can apply and when the interviews take place. They are pretty much done with the interviews for this year, so you might get invited for the next round next year. Mine was in March and I left for Disney in October. Some people from the interview also left in July already, others had to wait till December. You'll probably get down there next year though. Don't worry, your chance will come!

Sellwegger- You want to go with your boyfriend? That's cool. I knew of one german couple who went down almost the same time while I was there! But be aware of all the temptations down there! ;) It's better to go with your bf though, cause if one part stays at home it's very hard during the year and when you get back.

Laterz
    Julia

9. joey

joey Guest

cheers Julia. if i do get a place then ill laugh back at u but for now, uve been,and i aint. so i cant.

i use to like this website, use to look at all the cool pictures but now ive realised everyones having a great time apart from me, its not rite. im 18 years old, working full time. what is wrong wiv me!

10. frazdog

frazdog New Member

mate just chill
    apply sit back have a beer or 2 and c what happens.
    that is the best advice ;D ;D

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Haha@frazdog! Great advise! Could have been mine!
    For real, you are 18 years old, you have your whole life ahead of you! And to see the good part of working fulltime - you can save money for travelling and partying when you will finally be going to Florida!!! ;)
    If you get impatient already you'll go nuts by the time you had the interview! You have the chance to experience an unbelievable year, so just chill out and don't stress yourself!

Laterz
    Julia

12. Chris

Chris New Member

Ive got my face to face interview in february, and they said onthe phone that the leaving dates were in september, but is there any chance of going before then?

13. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Chris,

There might be time for you to go before Seoptember. At the interviews in the UK these past couple of weeks we were told they were recruiting for March-June so IM not sure where July/August come in if the february interviews are for September!?!? ???

Joey - welcome to the boards!! You def came to the right place if you really want to do the programme! Everyone on here will help any way they can which is great!!!

Good luck with your application! Im in the last stages of mine - i had my final interview last week and will hear if i got the job or not by December 10th so fingers crossed!!! Everyones advice is to chill out and relax but at the moment IM completely freaking out waiting for the result!! :p

Michelle xx

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Michelle - I know what you mean, the freaking is part of the whole experience though and it's SOOOO cool when you do find out that you are in! Good luck!
    Laterz
    Julia

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

me & michelle are totally freaking out together!! we will get there michelle, be confident, and no thinkin of toad in the hole ;)

I'm not sure about the whole july/august thing either, as i said to julie in my interview due to finishing uni i can leave from mid june-end of august, so hmmf duno wot will happen with me, if i dont get in for june.

16. DisneyMichelle

Thanks Julia!! Am trying to be positive but keep thinknig of things I wish Id said!!!

Sara - as soon as i read toad in the hole I burst out laughing - thats gonna be the effect it has on me for the rest of my life!!! They dont serve toad in the hole in the rose and crown do they!?!?! I wouldnt be able to serve it!!! ;D

Michelle xx

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha i don't know! sorry mate i've scared u 4 life with my warped sense of humour ;D

18. DisneyMichelle

Its okay - Ive looked it up and they dont serve toad in the hole in the Rose and Crown!!! We'll okay to work there!!!!

Do they sell marmite in the pavillion anywhere!?!?

Michelle xx

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha thats one good thing, but marmite im not sure. altho im sure i could think of some other things 2 totally repulse u of some of our other british traditions haha

Sar xx

20. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

fingers crossed everyone gets through x

it'll be the most awesome experience. I know most of the people who go out there are single, but for me i wouldn't want to do it without Fraz x It's something we both want, and went into together, it just wouldn't be right for one of us to stay at home.

Positive thinking though, hopefully this time next year we can both be planning what to do on our sunny days off 8)