What clothes to take.......

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Princess Wadey, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Good timez galore from Miami to Jacksonville, all of Florida will feel the thunder!

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Not too bad price for a TV. My original plan was to buy a Singbox and just stream my freeview to my laptop in the US but i can't go without a PS3 and the cheesy US TV shows. Deal or no deal in the US is very different ;D

If there's a TV already in the apartment then that's a bonus otherwise i'll try and split it with the room mates. Then sell the PS3 before i leave

Have to say i'm really worried about what my house mates are going to be like. I want to live with other UK guys as we're guaranteed to have fun

3. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Sadly our kid, you don't get to live with fellow countrymen I believe. In the spirit of integration and all that.

I think we have the cable ready to go & it depends if the boys you are with already have a TV. They go digital nationwide in the US sometime in february but I don't know if there is an equivalent of freeview over there. I want a HD TV anyway as I couldn't imagine playing 360 in standard def now! Which sure does make me sound like a gimp! ;D

4. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

regarding the curfew question. if all of the party people live in the same complex you can party untill whenever you not able to stand up anymore. but if you are from say chatham square and wanna party in commons, you need to be out by 1am. my gf is trying like mad to request for me to stay in commons, where she is living now, cause apparently they like to put crp's in patterson square now aswell. and that would just suck if i was in patterson while she is in commons!!!! you can only move around in one complex. not allowed to move from patterson to commons or in between any other complexes.

so for all our sake, i hope all of us get into commons!

5. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

We HAVE to all be in Commons...have faith bro! Who knows, maybe you & I will end up in the same crib!

6. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

dude, imagine that!!!!

"on tonights news, intergelactic awesomeness has been discovered in flat 743; the commons where stu and ewan are residing. this has lead to widespread party fevers from all who attend the awesomeness in their apartment, furthermore a live bear has been seen running out of the flat aswell....."

7. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

oh god, all i can think of is you two bustin' some moves as intergalactic beastie boys.

8. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

"We have unconfirmed reports that President Obama, The Rock, James Bond & Wolverine have all been in attendance at some point!"

9. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Whoa I didn't know that the curfews counted for cast members too, I really really hope I'm in the Commons!!

10. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

When I first heard about a curfew I thought it meant we had to be in bed at 1am! Military 'lights out' style! I don't think I could have handled that!

11. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

jess, intergalactic sounds awesome right about now!

from what i found out the 'curfew' thing is pretty chill. except if you party in a complex other than the one you are living in. then they nail you. so we have to all hope for the best. i think commons is the coolest of them all!!!

12. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

If we're all in there, Commons will officially be the shizz.

13. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

If not....street parties.

14. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

To be fair, house/flat parties are usually just the beginning of the night anyways! :D

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

State law in Florida is that no bars or clubs are allowed to be open past 2am so I think it will go house-club-back to house! Calling it a night at 2 just ain't right!

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

seriously? so like NYE in clubs is like woooooooooooo happy new year! now let's go home
    crazy. they need to party harder!

17. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Yep, I dunno about the rest of the US but Florida is deffo 2am. I was shocked when the lights came on & the bouncers were ushering us out! But I think there is a vibrant 'after party' scene that in somewhat underground which we will have to learn about. Secret codewords & all that!

18. Princess Wadey

Princess Wadey New Member

Yeah that whole law about closing at 2am isn't that unusual (its like that in parts of Europe as well), Im usually ready to go out at 2am not go to bed. Its because us crazy Brits have erm slightly different ideas of partying. My American friend took me to Long Beach to what was his idea of a club..........he then came to London and I took him to Fabric, lol.....nuff said!!

19. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

i bet you the codeword to get in one of the secret afterparties is fluffy monkeybutt.....

i have a gift with knowing these things. ill guess any password right first time! hahahahahaha ;D

20. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Fabric vs LBC...that's like opening a walnut with a sledgehammer! No competition. (Even though I've only been there twice!)

Fluffy monkeybutt?? You sure that's not your xbox live gamertag?