What clothes to take.......

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Princess Wadey, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Is there no Tv in the apartment?
    I notice the beds are small,
    do people buy there own Tv?

2. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

There is no TV provided but the dudes you move in with may already have one. It's all potluck really I suppose.

3. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Most clubs where I went to uni closed at 3am anyway, so 2am won't make that much difference to me lol.

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i can't really what time clubs i go to close...i know metro's in cardiff is about 3:30am, that's about it. but i don't tend to visit any clubs in cardiff other than metro's, so i wouldn't even have a clue what they're like :-[

5. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I know i've partied in leeds (granted, it was one of those rubbish raves) til 5am!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Jo you didn't tell them about our awesome US/UK red white and blue partay! Obama graciously has let us into the US...and any excuse to have fun right? LOL

7. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hmm in Preston - theres on place open til 6am :) :) And the main night clubs are open til about 4am! :)

Not that i stay out that long.. i barely even drink ahaha

oh yes :) Partay with obama next year?

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

don't worry helen, we'll find somewhere that's not exactly law abiding...maybe the same kind of place that'll serve admirals without a hassle ;)

10. Jodi

Jodi New Member

OMG 2AM!!!!! lol that truely isisnt a night i'm only just starting by that time lol!!! I suppose im only 20 until 9 months into my program anyway so i cant go clubbing for ages!

11. kate003

kate003 New Member

someone told me that there are a bunch of places that let you in if you're over 19 you just can't drink, so you'll just have to arrive hammered and dance

12. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Quite a lot of places do Kate, I think you get a stamp on your hand or something like that. Most places back in Nottingham close between 3-4 but there is a very special place called Stealth that is always open until 6 & I have known it stay open until 8 if there are enough people still awake!

13. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Can anyone answer me this what do you need to pack
    i mean clothers wise
    anyone do a breakdown what essentials to take
    cause whens winter start in the US?
    What do you pack for the seasons?

14. Janey

Janey New Member

Okay, this is completely and ridiculously late answer but it's a definate yes! :D Just try and remind me later on. :D

15. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Winter officially starts Dec 21st I think... but it starts getting cooler come October or so, and remains cool until about April. Florida is generally warmer than the rest of the country pretty much all year, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be hot all year long. Make sure to pack a couple of long-sleeved tops and long pants, as well as a jacket for when it rains. The coldest it's likely to get in the winter would be comparable to early spring temps (10 C). You don't need a winter jacket or boots or anything like that unless you plan on venturing north for the weekend or something ;) As for heat, in the summer it's known to get close to the 40 degree mark. :-\ So light clothing for then....

YAY lol

16. mushu

mushu New Member

I remember being there in February one year and we had not expected it to be cold, we had to go out and buy trousers and long sleeved tops. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to having summer for most of the year!!

17. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

still, bet it'll be warmer than the british winter...which probably isn't that cold compared to a lot of other places haha.
    it could actually be warmer than recent british summers, we all know how good they've been ::)

18. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Like Canada lol

mushu's right. I was in WDW the second week of January that just passed and I needed my zipper hoodie I think 4 or 5 days out of 8. :-\ It wasn't COLD, but much cooler than you'd expect from there. Most CMs had jackets on. Even the Canadians and Norwegians! And we all live in igloos haha

19. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I've been a couple of times in January and i cooked in the Florida heat because i was stupid and took jeans with me. Maybe take some jeans for the cooler season but i doubt we'll be needing thick puffer jackets. Probably buy myself some flip flops too as wearing trainers around the park with socks doesn't give the most pleasant smell or comfort by the end of the day.

Don't take too much clothes. Maybe enough for a week or 2 Holiday and just buy the rest out there. I may have to go shopping in orlando with some of you guys as i have no sense of fashion and what matches ;D

20. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i like to pretend i have a good fashion sense, but i prob don't haha