What do people do in between 2 contracts?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Liesbeth, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Liesbeth

Liesbeth New Member

Hi there!

I've been thinking about working for the Disney Cruise Line, but have some questions left:

- In between 2 contracts, when you have like 2 months free, what do people usually do? I understood Disney pays your plane ticket home and back? Are you able to choose the dates? For exemple: are you able to go home for 2 or 3 weeks and then go back to the US to travel before you get back to work on the ship?

- It doesn't sound interesting transferring the money you saved into a euro bank account concerning the rate exchange. I was thinking using it to travel in the US. Are there people doing this?

Thanks for the help!

2. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Hi,

I worked for DCL back in 2005/2006 and DCL does pay for your flight home and also back to work.

I haven't heard of any crew member going back home and then coming back to travel in the US before going back to work. But I guess Crew Office can answer your questions once you are on board.

Transferring your money is a waist of money. Unfortunately the exchange rate is pretty bad. Quiet a few crew members do travel in the US. U have to fill out a form from the crew office and request to stay in the US. If they approve it you can travel for a certain time. Once you finished to travel you do fly back home from "special Airports" (Disney will pay this flight to your home airport). For example: After your contract you wanna go to San Francisco. They will kick you of at Orlando Airport and you will fly to Frisco on your own expenses. After your stay in Frisco you might have to fly to LA because Disney has booked your flight from LA to your home airport. There are certain airports in the US Disney will let you fly home on Disney expenses).

Hope I could help you even if everything sounds a little bit abstrusely.

Dani