What else do you want to do in Florida??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VickiG, Dec 17, 2007.

1. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Yea Yea... There is no way a hurricane is boring, all those winds, it'll be a partay.... until I get scared and hide in a cupboard with James... Then we will be off to find some tornadoes

2. no I agree, hurricanes are boring. I was SO excited to be in one and it was like "thats it?!" and I'm pretty sure there aren't tornados in Orlando...

3. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

There's definitely tornadoes in Orlando! Unfortunately I never saw one, but when my friend were there, they closed all off the parks because of it. I think it was the Katrina tornado. They opened Epcot eventually though...

4. moisesum

moisesum New Member

5. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Way to be a buzz kill guys

6. hey I was as excited as the next guy for a hurricane. I'm not being a buzz kill I'm just saying it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. It was pretty much exactly every other rainstorm just a bit harder and more wind. I was all prepared to go to my friends house with booz and bored games and flashlights and then it was nothing.

7. kike_ruz

kike_ruz New Member

lol sorry..but the true is that most of the time.... when a hurricane appears... is not strong enough, which it means only wind and rains.. nothing to be excited of..but when one is very strong (mostly one a year) It can be very destructive! 4 years ago one hit my hometown and I was without water and electricity for a whole month...and thats not all..thats why I said what I said..sorry..didnt want to be a buzz kill :-[...hope u get to see one ! ;D

Kike ;D ;D ;D

8. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Haha it's alright I was on the outskirts of a tornado a couple years ago and it was just really windy. I'm just looking for something thrilling and where i'm from all we get are snow storms and little tornadoes

9. kike_ruz

kike_ruz New Member

:eek: That seems to be pretty awesome..I mean..I have never seen a tornado nor snow =( where do u from?? Where I live is very hot all year round..even though its "winter"...I love cold weather and I know orlando is colder than my city so im very excited about it...and I really want to go and get the chance to take a flight to portland or NY from florida so I can touch and see the snow...greetings! :)

Kike ;D ;D ;D

10. scooby

scooby New Member

no, it was basically a spontaneous trip by 5 people but the driver was kind of disoriented and didn't know the exact route at the beginning of the trip. so…. that's why I ended up sitting 15 hours in the van.

11. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Im from good old Canada... I live in Winnipeg but in the winter we are known as "winterpeg"... Snow is fantastic... I am definitely going to miss it a little when im in florida

12. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I didn't miss the snow! I loved living in summer as good as the whole year :p I'm a summer person ;D

13. kike_ruz

kike_ruz New Member

woo I would love to live in a place where the snow falls down on winter..lol tinkingeling u would love to live in Mérida..we are currently 35 ° C ..cant stand it..waaa.. and on summer we reach 45°C almost every week..hate it...lol winterpeg haha ::)

Kike ;D ;D ;D

14. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I am not going to miss the cold but I am definitely an outdoors winter lover. I love ice skating and toboganning, snow ball fights nothing beats walking down the river after the snow falls so beautiful

15. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

haha, i love snow as much as the next person, but this year I def could've had a bit less- street signs, street lights, trucks and houses should not disappear!!

I figure it's my punishment-- the fates know I'm gunna be in paradise for the summer, so they're making the winter awful to make up for it!

16. Elle

Elle New Member

We always get an inch or so over here and it's always slushy and horrible. But two weeks ago my friends and I were on our last days holiday in New York when we woke up to fnd it had snowed! We were so excited and ran over to Central Park to play. And that we did. We built a snow man, had snowball fights, made snow angels.... it's some of the best fun i've ever had and some of my best holiday memories. I hope to go back to NY when it's snowing again just to experience that.

Best thing was we were literally two minutes away from missing our flight but just as they were about to board they had to delay slightly to de-ice the plane... giving us the extra 30 minutes we needed to get through securty and to our gate, yay snow!

17. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I just want to spend as much time away from snow.
    I love white winters but oh man...We just got rid of around 11feet of snow in front of my house.

I'm being serious and I did mean to say FEET

18. Elle

Elle New Member

Can't blame you really!
    One day of fun was great, but I can't begin to imagine having to live with 11ft of the stuff for weeks and months even! I'm off to Egypt in 6 weeks and can't wait for the 35C heat at7 in the morning! Yay!

19. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

This might be a little nerdy but whenever my family and I got to Disney we got to a mini-golf place called "Pirate's Cove". Best things ever....There's 2 courses and it's all through a mountain...Pretty awesome...

Other things and places are Cape Coral which is about a 3 hour drive but super fun....Always catch a Devil Rays game at Tropicana Field in Tampa or go to see a Lightning or Panthers game in the winter months.....I plan on doing that when I'm down there when the Blue Jays and Maple Leafs are in town :)

20. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I want to see some cheerleading stuff! It's not very usual in Norway, so it would be fun to see in real life.