What else do you want to do in Florida??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VickiG, Dec 17, 2007.

1. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I think cheerleading is one of my guilty pleasures. I've never been a cheerleader and I would never consider it something I enjoy but man, its CRAZY!

I love watching the cheerleading competitions on TV and when I was in High School it was so fun it watch.

I also do still know every word to the long cheer in the beginning of "Bring It On"
    :-[

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I've seen all the Bring It On movies :p But except from that I haven't seen anything about it...

3. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I love Bring it On... All of them, They are probably my guilty pleasure... When you are at Disney you should see if there are any cheerleading competitions for the university teams, they are intense

4. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I would imagine! I know there's something there at least, because there was often girls in their uniform in the parks! At times it would almost seem like the cheerleaders had invaded the parks :p

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I LOVE Bring It On!

In my first and second year at uni I was a cheerleader for our uni. It was so much fun, especially competition!

I also know all the words to the cheer at the beginning of the first film :D hehe

6. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

:D hehe, that's good! It would be so much fun to try cheerleading! I've always loved doing gymnastics and dancing, so why not cheerleading :p

7. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I'm not really the "cheerleader" type I don't really have the mentality to do it. Not to be discriminative towards cheerleaders but I don't want to be pegged as one. :S

8. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I didn't think you were one. I'm not and still love to watch it.

9. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

OHH!!
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it directed to you!!!

I was responding to Tinktingling saying she liked to dance and stuff so why not try Cheerleading!

10. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I think I've heard about the play Equus (sp?) is to be put up in New York with Daniel Radcliff, if that's true, then that is something I've got to see!

11. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

Has anyone seen the La Nouba show in Downtown Disney?
    I have always wanted to go see it but I haven't been able to yet...
    Anyone have any thoughts on it?

12. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Cirque du Soleil is on my to do list for sure. I haven't seen La Nouba but I've seen several other Cirque shows and they are all excellent! I highly recommend it to all :)
    Hehe I'm going to see Corteo in June here in Vancouver ;D
    Do CM's get a discount for La Nouba? kind of a long shot i know but just thought i'd ask :)
    And if Harry Potter World is up and running by the time i get there I'm going there for sure!!

13. MegD

MegD New Member

I think Last year it was like ...47$ total for La Nouba with our discount, I;m pretty sure it was 50%. It was amazing :) I'd love to go again!

14. DisneyDreamer85

I'm pretty sure CM's get a discount!
    It's downtown Disney and we get something like 20 or 40% off of most things so I don't see why we wouldn't be getting something off the show as well...There is probalby a set number of tickets that are for CM's a night or something so as long as we get their early enough or book in advance I don't see it being a problem...
    Anyone else know?

15. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

You get CM discount in certain seating areas, but anywhere you sit is a good place to watch! And you have to see it, the show is fantastic! I've seen it many times ;D

16. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i saw cirque last year and got cast member discount. And the seats we get discounted are better seats than the more expensive seats we don't get discount on! The seats are on the 2nd tier, but if you are on the 1st tier you would be looking up and around you, so further back is better!

17. DisneyDreamer85

That's awesome advice!
    Are we able to get discounts for family as well or is it just for castmembers?
    I knwo my gramma would really like to go!

18. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

You get for friends as well ;)

19. DisneyDreamer85

Wowee!!
    Dreams really do come true!

20. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

When my son worked there in 2006 they had tickets on sale for 50% off in October for CM's - it was, for a certain month or months. I remember him saying this fall again that tickets for the show were on sale for CM's for 50% off to use in the month of December I believe. So it seems that Cast Members are offered a big discount in the fall - I'm not sure if this is in the booklet of certificates that they get to use over the holiday months or not. I don't think that 50% discount is offered year round though but it would be good savings if you can go at that time.