what is is like over there?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jcb, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

Haha Robyn good advice! Where in epcot will u be working and for how long?

xxx

2. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I'm a seasonal cast member. I was in the Walt Disney World College Program (yeah, I'm the stupid American *points to her title under her little american flag*) in January 2003-May 2003. But I'm now seasonal, and I'm probably going to go back to do a summer internship in May-August! :D :D So excited!
    I HAVE worked in Epcot in the past. I've worked in England, on the Disney Characters on Holiday bus, in the Sunflower Restaurant...I think that's it in Epcot. LOL!

3. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Also, about makeup...
    They have the little sample things out (you know, to try on the makeup)...maybe they'll have some trial makeup remover, too!

4. Marie

Marie Guest

Congrats Robyn! What will your internship be in? Wow disney must be a good experience if ur going back again! Hope to meet u in Florida,
    xxx

5. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Well, I haven't officially been accepted yet...I haven't even gone to a presentation yet!
    But I have a squeaky clean record, and I'm in a high-demand position (and height...;)), so I would be really surprised if they rejected me.

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww see i'd love to do that job, its so like what i do at alton towers, being seasonal etc! awww good luck anyway robyn!

xxx

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Good Luck Robyn - keep us posted on how it goes! Aww u lucky thing getting to work for disney several times in Florida!
    xxx

8. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals.

Hey Robyn: Congrats!!! Hope to see u there.
    Wow, I have just met Gem , another Brit girl going on June for the College Program.
    Hey, but it is true u r just going for the summer???
    Congrats!! and Welcome to the boards!!!

Anyway. Hey U know I know about American sizes.
    Here in Mexico is u buy a Medium size jacket, it is Small in the U.S.
    They seem to have bigger clothes.
    I know about European codes they are a bit confusing.
    I remember when we were in Spain, my sis wanted to buy a pair of pants.
    But here in Mexico she wears size 3. and we asked teh lady at the store
    if she had that size on pants. She gave a look at my sis and told she around size 36!!!
    It was so funny, my poor sis, with her face of :eek:
    hahahaha

anyway
    Hope u r fine
    Robb ;D

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey robb!

oh i know well our british/european sizing is very different, well not to us, but to others, so we will be confused when out buying clothes in the US, although i'm kinda used to it now!

xxx

10. emma

emma New Member

english sizes arent totally consistent and it bugs me...like y cant ted baker translate to sizes 8 10 12 etc? and kookai whats this 1 2 3 business? lol....im a dab hand in US shopping now!! im even registered on the computers in Bebe...i love that shop...! xx

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol good on ya emma ;) i know what u mean with ted baker sizing!

xxx

12. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals,

U know what, also sizes differ from desginer to designer.
    While I am 30 waist on one brand
    I am 31 on other, and even 32 on another,
    Thats is bugging.
    Anyway we will have to get use to it.

See ya
    Robb ;D