What is supplied to us in the apartments

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by zero1, Jan 2, 2005.

1. zero1

zero1 New Member

OK, I just wanted to know what was supplied in the apartments so I know what to bring with me, in the kitchen, what do we get, do we have a vaccum and broom and stuff for cleaning
    is there a microwave,
    I heard we need to buy our own tv but do we have to pay extra for cable or
    is there a cable hook-up in the bedrooms,
    are there dining tables and chairs and sitting available,
    is there lots of closet space
    what size are the beds, twin, double, etc
    Do we have a washer and dryer
    do we have phone

Just a bunch of questions and any feedback would be right grand

2. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Don't quote me on any of this cause I am not there yet.... counting down the days, but here is what I've picked up over the months that I have been spending here.

The beds are twin and there are 2 in each room. You can buy a laundered pack of bedding from Disney, bring your own, or buy them. I'm thinking bed-in-a-bag from Wal-Mart.

The apartments are furnished, so you get table, chairs, couch, fridge, oven, microwave etc. I think I remember that the only appliance you don't get is a toaster. And, as long as you're in the Commons, you have a washer/dryer in each apartment. I think Vistaway and Chatham both have a laundry common area.

I heard about having to buy a TV, but maybe we'll get lucky and our roommates will have already bought one. As far as I know, cable is included. There is a list on this site somewhere as to which channels you get. There is also a phone also included, I think, and it has local service. Can't call long distance without a calling card.

Hopefully, that helps. I'll hope that anyone will correct me if any of this is wrong.

Sandra :)

3. StarsMeltMidnight

StarsMeltMidnight New Member

Sanrda pretty much covered most things. Your apartment comes fully furnished, you get a dining room table sized in accordance to how many people live in your apartment, a couch, chair, coffee table and end tables. In the bed rooms you have 2 twin beds, dresser (mine sucks ass, the drawers fall out of it, so I try to use it as little as possible), and 2 night tables. The actual size of the bedrooms, closets, and bathrooms varies. Some people have huge walk-in closets, others have fairly small ones, it's kinda just the luck of the draw I guess.

For bedding, I would suggest bringing sheets with you, you will not have time to go to Wal Mart your first night here, and you really dont want to sleep right on these matresses, then buy blankets/comforters at Wal Mart on your first trip there.

Washer, dryer, dishwasher, etcetc all the big appliances are included. Your apartment might have a tv, it might not ,.... but chances are it will have one. Cable is included in your rent, as is the internet connection, local phone calls, and each bedroom has a cable outlet. You are not supplied with a vacuum in your apartment, but there's ones at the clubhouse that you can use, same with mops, and I think brooms too. Hopefully I've helped abit, if you hav anymore questions just let me know

Ashley

4. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Hey u know i think that the electric appliances such as TV, VCR and such can be rented, but guess when we arrive there, there is going to be a TV for sure.
    Actually, know that I am thinking, u know we are really depent on the TV, u know i cant spend a day without watching TV. :-[

Well any way,
    Thanks a bunch 8)

Robb
    ;D

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Sounds like we're provided with everything youll ever gonna need!!!

I reckon that most apts would have a TV in - the people already there would surely have bought/rented one? It would be really weird to live without a television after having one for so long!!

Just another quick question - i thik i remember reading somewhere that the apartments dont have irons/ironing boards - is that someting else you can rent as and when you need to?

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

u beat me to it michelle i was going to ask that question cos i was sure i read that somewhere

xxx

7. Klode

Klode Guest

I also have some additional questions regarding the rooms:

Excluding the dresser, do we get a working desk, something for a computer if I am to buy one?
    Can people smoke in their rooms?
    Is there room for storage under the beds, for golf clubs and such...

C

8. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK no you don't get a work desk but I brought a little fold down table for around $10 in good old Wallmart for my computer. You can't smoke in your room only out on the patio/balcony. there is room under the bed and there may be a storage cupboard (some of the rooms have one in them some don't and I have no idea why) or there is the cupboard in the living room you can always use.

You can't rent electrical goods. When I arrived there was nothing in the living room TV wise and so we all chipped in for one from Wallmart. Also answer phones aren't provided or Stereos but can be purchased cheaply, and in a standard apartment only one phone is provided (a cruddy old one) even though there are phone points in all the rooms.

The computer connections are in the livingroom and so you may have to connect in there and run the cable through the living room

9. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

hey ya

that is a nice thread :) Mostly of my own questions are already answered now. Time is running and I am gettin really nervous. I reawlly cannot wait nor can I believe :)I am lookin forward a lot. Anyways, I was wondering,
    there is something like the black board isnt there? And so people who are leaving can sell their phones or so, stuff like that you cannot bring home, ???

Jus wondering

Greetings, Kaddy

10. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

There is a notice board that you can put things on like things you are selling but it all depends on the person whether they use it. Also phones are only about $10 at most and so most people don't sell them on afterwards.

11. DisneyMichelle

Hey,

Thanks for all the great info - its heaps of help to us guys preparing to head out to orlando in the next few months!!!

Are phones really that cheap out there!?!? Im not gonna take my UK phone out with me cos of mega call charges etc but would be good if I could get a US mobile to use while I was out there!!!! Do they do contract and pay as you go like in the UK?

Im sure we'll have loads more questions to ask as and when we think of them!!! Thanks so much!!!

Michelle xx

12. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

By phones I mean an apartment phone is cheap. Mobiles aren't really cheap over there as most people in the us don't use their phones much like we do

13. DisneyMichelle

Thats what I thought! I didnt think mobiles were as popular out there which is why i was quite shocked when i thought you were talking about them!!

14. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yeah sorry about that. Just trying to confuse people.

15. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

hey, because of the mobile phones... When I was overseas 2001-2002 a few people had mobiles, and in 2003 I was visisting my friends and more people had cell phones. And they had nice offers with them. Like 1000 free minutes a months and so. Even though Americans dont use their cell phones like we Germans do, but they have nice nice offers :D

Dont they?

greetz Kaddy

16. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

They have better contracts but the price is more expensive compared to pay as you go phones over here

17. Marie

Marie Guest

Im thinking im gonna get a mobile over there if i can afford it. My US friends seem to have good contracts with loads of free minutes they dont really text tho - but ive converted a few! I think id prefer pay as u talk. i managed without a mobile last time in the states, but then i had a phone in my room.

From the sounds of things its one phone per apt at disney right? i was thinking if theres like 8 people in the apt it may be easier to get a mobile and use phonecards.

Am i right in remembering that the phones in the apts only allow local calls so theres no apt phone bill right? I had 6 flat mates once and going thru an itemised phone bill took forever and some calls we could never work out who'd made them!

18. DisneyMichelle

Im pretty sure that at the presentation that Julie said the apartment phones only allowed local 407 area code calls and they were all free so theyll be no fighting over phone bills and trying to work out who made which calls - that was a complete nightmare at uni!!!

I would like to get a mobile out there but will have to see about costs etc. Would def get a pay as you go ones as you dont ahve to worry if you decide the phones too expensive after a couple of months!!

19. Louisa

Louisa New Member

well I had a cellphone during my disney year. it was great.. but the bad thing about hte cellphones for some contries is that the don't have the local letters for some lagunages. So I recommend people from Norway f.eks to buy a phone home in norway with threeband and buy the simcard in FL.

and one more thing, I had a prepayd phone. for thouse who have that you bave to pay tax for a incomming call and textmessage.. (I know it's crap) but for an account you only pay for a mouthly bill and phonecalles are free.. I don't know what would be smarter. cos if you have an account you have to singn up for a full year. bu the phone compaies i went to all recomended to sign up for a year. I didn't just so I would be sure I could pay my bills, but the matter of fact I think I would have saved some money if I did.

- Louisa

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

you just got me thinking. i have a tri band phone just now, does that mean i can just buy a sim card over there and my phone will work?or am i way off the mark?

xxx