what next???

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by hannahnyc, Apr 9, 2007.

1. kat02141984

kat02141984 Guest

2. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Well I would prob say Jason. It does say on his email that he is the manager? What do we say?

Claire x

3. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I think I'm gonna put something along the lines of...

"Hi Jason, I emailed Michele last week regarding the possibility of any compensation for the interview I attended on February 12th. As you can imagine, travelling to London and back from Durham isn't cheap, and this along with the cost of accomodation turns out to be extremely expensive. I understand that Yummy Jobs had nothing to do with the visas being rejected, however I feel that spending such a large amount of money for an interview, to pass this interview and then to be told that there was no visas is unacceptable"

or something like that? Let me know what you think

xxx

4. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

I think that sounds great. I will write something along those lines aswell. We need to do it. All they can say is no! And ur right, it's totally unacceptable!

Ok I'm goin to send it now lol!!

Claire x

5. keithy

keithy New Member

let me know how u get on claire, where is it your from x

6. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Hi!

Why don't you just ask if you could have a phone interview the next time instead of the f2f? Obviously they know that you have the disney look and just need some good answers from you for the IP.

7. acp

acp New Member

Or find out if they're doing interviews in places other than London for the next one?

Looking back over the forum, they did some in Glasgow and other places last November..

Andy.

8. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Right Charlotte, I've emailed them!! Have u?

Claire x

9. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

hiya - you should definitely be able to get a phone interview next time i would have thought - when i went before all it was was phone so they had no idea about disney look or anything lol!

As for the interviews in Canada although they also had H2B visas rejected(along with every other country) if its a summer program you should be fine - totally different visa - and much easier to get! (this is all from someone i know in disney international that i spoke to about the whole thing)

is evry1 else annoyed with friends and fam saying 'it wasnt meant to be' i certainly am coz i know it damn well was! :mad:

10. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Lol, it's been the most common phrase I have heard over the past few days Hannah!!

Claire xx

11. CharlotteSparkle

There've been a few people at work who've been annoyed about the whole thing which makes me feel better, but the "It wasn't meant to be" people REALLY aggrivate me.

I've sent my email to Jason, inc suggesting a telephone interview, but I reckon he'll just apologise and say we have to have a f2f interview for whatever reason. I'll be really pissed off if any of us who got in don't get to go next year because of this. I don't see why a telephone interview wouldn't be enough.

12. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

too right - that would be really frustrating! whatsreally annoying though is the ppl that are angry at the gov for me but still say its not meant to be or the oh well thats a shame never mind ppl - they dont get it!

13. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Oh tell me about it. People are genuinely upset for u tho, cuz it's such a huge opportunity. Also the way that this has been delt with adds to the sympathy lol.

Got an email back from Jason today, really quick! He was really nice - said that he appreciated my situation and passed my comments onto Disney International Recruitment. So we will see how that goes!

Will def keep u all updated tho!!

Claire xx

14. CharlotteSparkle

I got the same email I think, he reckons he'll have a reply tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I'm sooo happy atm, just found out I'm being moved onto a new section at work and I can't wait! My new manager is the BEST!

15. CharlotteSparkle

Got my interview for CCUSA on thurs! whoo! Got to drag myself to Teeside for it but I can't wait!! whoo!

16. JenniferK

JenniferK New Member

good luck with ur interview :)

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, teesside is a beautiful place! I live there..

I reacon you'll be going to Teesside Uni..Which is quite nice..

18. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

ooh good luck with that - at least you'll be out of england - i know thats what im trying to do!

19. acp

acp New Member

Good luck with that! Hopefully you'll have more luck than we all had with Disney :)

Andy.

20. keithy

keithy New Member

good luck chick hope all went well x