What NOT to say?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Disneygeek11, Aug 16, 2012.

1. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

That was the best possible reference you could've used XD

2. Disneygeek11

Disneygeek11 New Member

Don't worry, it's just misinterpretation on the net :) Interview practice can't do any harm at least ;D

3. Abbiejcc

Abbiejcc New Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to tell you all about my experience with the interview because it might make you feel a bit more relaxed :)

For the pre-screening interviews there were 8 of us in the room and I felt like it went really well and I connected with the two people from Yummy Jobs and I came across as being confident/ friendly/ chatty and even a wee bit funny :p and I obviously had because I got through to the next stage, yey!

However, for the face to face interview with Jeff from Disney I really didn't think I'd done a great job... I felt like I rambled on a lot and was finding it hard to get my point across while stressing about trying to be interesting. I came away from the interview on a downer because I felt like I hadn't portrayed myself as best I could. I've never had a problem with public speaking/ interviews but this one still caught me out but after an excruciating wait to find out, I found out I got THE dream job. I just wanted to put this out there to show that even the most confident person can stumble a bit and find themselves dazzled by the situation, but ultimately if your personality shines through and they like you, then you'll be fine. (and they will be expecting people to be nervous so try not to let yourself worry about being worried!! )

4. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Thanks for that, that's definitely going to be reassuring for us if we're nervous on the day!

5. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i was in hollywood studios a couple weeks ago and there was a manager there, who does the interviews for the American college program,and the advice he gave me for the interview was "don't come dressed as a pirate"
    i don't know how helpful you guys will find that, but just thought i'd share xD

6. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Re: Re: What NOT to say?

Not at all helpful, but bloody hilarious. Haha!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

7. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

When I was there from the 15th-22nd, I talked to a LOT of the American CPs. A lot were there in training, so it was cool to see what it will be like for us :)
    And I agree, that's freaking hilarious.

8. jennifer.anne.rees

jennifer.anne.rees New Member

what happens in the pre screening process? I'm super nervous about my application and thinking it over and over and I dont think i've sold myself enough! I made sure to mention I do animation at university and my passion for disney etc. I'm just super nervous about the group interview etc. What goes down in them? An what kinda things do they ask you?

9. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

This is the first time the pre screening event has been used for the ICP, so we're all in the same boat as to knowing that it'll be like. :/
    Im pretty sure it's all group interviews, so I'm not sure if the questions will Be the same as previous years phone interview.

10. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

hey guys, shedding some light, hopefully someone will find this helpful...ok, so I've been through 2 pre-screens now (yummy have been doing prescreens prior to this year and in actual fact I heard you were more likely to get through from a prescreen than a phone interview in years gone by) but now they're all prescreen so they levelled the playing field for you all :) so in my first one there were about 8 or 10 of us, the interviewers both times actually took it in turns asking everyone their answers, but make sure you speak out, they need to remember you! The second time, there was a group of about 15-18 people, so much more stressful, but once again, they went around and took it in turns asking us q's such as why do you want the ICP? how do you feel about sharing a room/living in another country? what roles would you like and why? previous experiences...that kinds of things. Just make sure you shine :D and you'll be fine, also try to relax, I am being a hypocrite here, but try, it helps and the staff at yummy are so friendly :) good luck everyone!!!!

And do not under any circumstance say that you are looking forward to the social life. Emphasise the business and career developments that the role can give you and what not, do not focus on the social or disney 'applause' that you get :D

p.s. if you need any reason to believe my advice/info I got accepted onto the ICP twice :D

11. jennifer.anne.rees

Wow thank you so so so much for that :)! What do you mean by "disney applause?" Please :) not sure what that means xD

12. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Lol no problem :) any other qs etc let me know, p.s. I have a blog, go check it out if you feel bored/wanting more info... http://waltdisneyworldcalling.blogspot.co.uk/

and disney applause, is the the benefits you get for working for disney, i.e. getting into the parks for free :) basically don't tell them that's why you're going :D

13. jennifer.anne.rees

oh I understand thanks :D!

14. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

No problem :) any more q's you can direct them at me if you want :)