What to pack/wear?!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by amnahp12, May 22, 2009.

1. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey! I had a couple of questions on what to pack. What should we wear on the flight over/first day, and how long does it take until we get our housing placement? Also, what are we doing for the first two days or so, before traditions, and what do we need to wear for those days? Also, I tend to underpack, so does anyone have any suggestions on how much to bring? [I figured it'd be best to leave room to bring things back ...] And one last thing ... does anyone have a picture or example of 'typical' appropriate CM footwear?
    I'd really appreciate any help!

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think it's safe to say you won't need to many hoodies or big jackets. Maybe one or two and a light water proof jacket, but you could probably get away without one too. Bring one or 2 nicer dressy outfits, for traditions or other occasions. I brought my suit when I went, but never ended up using it... just way to hot. Other than that, just a bunch of shorts and shirts or whatever you like to wear to be comfortable. Your costumes will be provided for you, the only thing is the shoes, which can't really be determined until you know your role. I'm not at home, so I don't have any picutres, but a good rule to go by is solid colors, and something that is polishable.
    You will probably end up with a whole of stuff that you didnt' have at the beginning of the summer. I ended up buying a large suitcase to pack stuff home, plus I had to ship a couple of boxes home.... :-[ So, it's best to pack light, bring enough clothes to get you through a week or 2. Hopefully you can find time to do laundry between all the work and fun you'll be having!

3. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Thanks! I figured I'd need to ship stuff home, lol. I was really just kind of worried about clothes, since I depise formal clothes and don't own any, and its difficult to find decent shoes around here. Ah well, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! Thanks again!

4. ChaOus

ChaOus New Member

Where are going anyway? The things that I am wearing is base on the place that I am going.

5. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

Hey I found this blog online and have everything you need to know - including a packing list! Makes good reading and prepares you for what's ahead! Hope your find it useful.

Rebecca

*Thanks Dan*

6. Maila

Maila New Member

where is the link`i cant find it :)

7. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

8. Maila

Maila New Member

9. Tink**

Tink** New Member

As for shoes- usually the typical shoe wear for all positions is a solid black, non-skid shoe with no logos or any designs or anything on it (just plain solid black.... I would suggest starting to look asap because these are a lot harder to come by than you would think. Nice looking sneakers/runners are recommended).
    The only other shoe wear is for lifeguards- their shoes have to be white.

Definitely recommend only bringing one, lightweight rain coat. Summer is hurricane season and no joke rains almost every day from June to July.

You get your housing placement soon as you arrive- You sign in, then have a short intorduction seminar and then they give you your apartment assignment. You will be in your apt. within an hour of arrival at the complex you get dropped off at from the airport.

As for Traditions- rules are pretty strict. For girls- skirts have to be knee length, hair back, no open toe'd shoes or heels over a certain height, no bare shoulders and girls need to wear skin tone nylons. Guys have to be clean shaven, and all clothes have to be wrinkle-free. I am not sure about guys shirt having to have a collar.... but double check on that one.

Other than that, pretty much just bring a handful of shirts and shorts and a couple bathing suits- its too hot to wear anything else!! I also definitely recommend leaving some space in your suitcase for bringing stuff home!!
    Hope this helps!

10. Maila

Maila New Member

Can we also wear pants? I heard you can wear the same outfit like you wore during the f2f...

11. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Yeah, you can wear pants if you want. What you wear to your f2f doesn't necessarily have to fit with the 'Disney Look', it just has to be professional dress, but for Traditions you HAVE to follow the guidelines, or else you'll be made to leave and do it another day!