What to pack?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Smashley86, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Smashley86

Smashley86 New Member

I go on the Disney Dream on the 1st Sept and i'm wondering at i need to pack?

2. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Everyone over packs the first contract - so don't worry too much. Here's a general list..

Tolietries (shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, sun screen etc) enough for the first 2 or 3 weeks (you can buy them in port but may not have a chance to for a while depending on your schedule). You will have access to a walmart in Port Canaveral

Lots of socks and underwear (I would bring enough for 3 weeks just in case I didn't get a chance to do laundry). A Laundry bag.

Clothes for off time - crew bar, ports, bathing suit and a fancy outfit or two (they have nicer crew events). Make sure to bring some warmer clothes too as Florida/Bahamas gets cold in the winter)

Proper footwear (you cannot get footwear easily before you get on the ship) avoid the hassle and bring the proper footwear with you.

Laptop if you have one, DVDs,Camera, hair dryer if you use one, battery operated alarm clock

Money for the first couple weeks (as it may be a bit before you get your paycheck)

If you have guest privileges (some positions are allowed to use certain guest areas on time off ) make sure to bring disney look clothes

If there is something you can only get at home (candy, specific brand of toiletries etc) make sure to bring a good supply. You can bring only certain types of food on the ship (basically dry goods like snack food), so I would always bring some meal bars, crackers etc on just so I had them in case I was hungry or slept through a meal.

A beach towel

Medication (they do have sea calm and pain relievers available at anytime outside med center)

Pictures of family/friends and any small comfort items, magnets (the walls in your room are magnetic - to hand pictures and notes up).

On the Dream there is room under the beds to store things, but on the magic and wonder there are just drawers - so if you by any chance get transferred to the Magic/Wonder it is better to have a soft case luggage so you can store it.

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Make sure you take an adapter plug for every electrical item you are taking (something they didn't tell me before I went). When you take your stuff to electrical they will stick a label on every item you have a plug for, and then tape your plug to that item. Luckily lots of my stuff changed through my laptop, but unless you plan on hiding your things every week for cabin inspection, make sure you take enough!