What to take?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by gayle_01, Apr 17, 2008.

1. gayle_01

gayle_01 New Member

Hey
    i am starting to worry about what to take, like obviously the clothes etc but what about other stuff like bedding, alarm clocks, towels, bath mat kitchen stuff etc do we need to take all of that ?

xx

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I think that most of the kitchen stuff is provided? All I do know is that you need to take (or buy when you get there) bedding and towels!! 8)

3. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

you don't need: pots and pans and dishes and cutlery.
    other than that, to my understanding, you pretty much need it all.
    it's iffy if you get a toaster, depends on where you are.
    you need towels, kitchen towels, bath mats, alarm clocks, bedding, etc.

4. beck-y

beck-y New Member

You'll need a kettle if you're at vista, they just supply the crappy ones you ut on the hobs :p You'll need bedding, pillows. towels, all that stuff. Clocks, decorations, lamps (you'll have a main light in the bedroom, then a closet light but you may want a lamp), the wire thing for your laptop if youre bringing one, so you can connect to the internet. You might want to buy a TV there, if all your roomates chip in for it, because you get cable provided. Thats all I can think of right now!

5. gayle_01

gayle_01 New Member

hey thanks
    Think i will try to convince ppl to buy a tv if i get time be all upto date on the american programmes:) lol i love american tele:p

thanks for that i suppose i can buy all of that at walmart anyway.

xxx

6. Kevus

Kevus New Member

bring stuff for yourself, if you want to have stuff in the apartment best to buy as a whole gorup... like a whiteboard man they are useful :)

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

On our 2nd night we did a big shop at Walmart and practically bought the place out... except we had to wait to get the TV because we couldn't carry everything!

If you look down the lefthand side of this page there is a packing list... Not everything is on there, but it gives a good basic list, and you can always add things.

8. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Did you guys go half-son the TV? How common is it to have two of them? I kinda want myown so I can play videogames. HA I'm a loser

9. Kevus

Kevus New Member

hmmm well are you flying in or driving down tracey?

10. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

well i am unsure on this you are down for the year, so i suppose you could get one but at the same time, your roomates might be busy or not around often giving you free reign of the tv

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

We all chipped in...came to like $20 each... then we got a cheap dvd player. To be honest we rarely used the TV all together... unless someone was watching a Disney dvd and then we'd all end up watching it!