What will everyone miss the most.......??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by screamf1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

Hi everyone.....

I know we're all soooooooo excited about going to Disney, but what will everyone miss about their home country??

There are a few things i'll definately miss;
    British Chocolate - Hershey's doesn't compare
    Chocolate Hob Nobs - although chips ahoy are yummy!
    Chip Shop - although the chippie at the UK pavillion are quite a good substitute
    Tetley tea - not that cold stuff that American's have
    Heinz Baked Beans
    and of course my family and my bed!!! ;D

But, i'm sure that i'll make myself at home as soon as i get there!

See you soon,
    Sarah xx
    :)

2. emma

emma New Member

coronation street and my boyfriend!!!! and REAL john west TUNA!!!!!!!!!! yummy non of that chicken of the sea bullshit does it for me!

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'm not going yet, so not really at the considering what I'll miss stage, but just wanted to butt in and say that I'm glad someone else will miss their bed...I'd miss mine too!! I love it!!! :D hehe!!

Ellen xxx

4. emma

emma New Member

ill miss ine 2....and coronation street.repetition was necessary.

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

ooh, the katie bit was good last night...altho my mum thought she'd eaten crushed glass (which can apparently kill you!!!)

Ellen xxx
    (sorry to go off on a tangent!!)

6. emma

emma New Member

un4tunatley she doesnt die! pain in the ass!

7. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I'm going to miss the snow in the winter and my Snowmobile. And being able to watch the Red Sox on TV.

8. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

Im going to miss...MARMITE :) hehe! unless they sell that in America????!!!

9. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Can't say I have ever seen it, Kinda want to try some after having to look up what it was.

10. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

Hey Jimbobdaga,

Seeing as you support the Red Sox, are you from Boston?? I'm going up to Boston for two weeks after i finish in September, and going to see the Red Sox play. I love baseball, but my home team are the Twins  ;D dont really get to see them much in England!!

11. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Katie does die...maybe not after last night but she is gonna pop her clogs  ::)

As for what I'll miss? That's a toughie...the usual - chocolate etc Although, while I was at camp, I had a regular shipment from Thornton's *lol* ;D

12. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

mmm..marmite and cheese sandwiches are my favourite.....yummy yum yum! im taking a big pot with me to america i thinks! :)

13. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

My mum sent me a survival pack when i was at camp - chocolate, tea bags and orange squash, as well as clothes that i had forgot to take!!

14. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

yeh i think im going to have to get sent regular survival packs too.....Anyone know if they do Alkaseltzer over there? Its the only thing that saves me from my regular hangovers! lol!!

15. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Ya I live 40 Mins out side of Boston, I am a HUGE Red Sox fan. I went to game 4 in the ALCS against the Yankees last year, best game I have ever been to! When are you doing your program?

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Sarah u can get tetley in walmart - ive never noticed any difference.
    I'll miss biscuits, chocs, crisps etc...
    Not sure what else - my minds gone blank...
    oh yeah i'll miss schuh - they have the cutest shoes! tho i love american fashion too...
    xxx

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

im going to miss my boyfriend lots and robinsons blackcurrant as its all i drink - luckily for me tho i can buy it in walmart - more expensive than the uk but its soooo worth it! ;D

18. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww Kelly...

Im gonna miss ribena except i wont cos i'll be able to get it at international supermarkets hopefully.
    xxx

19. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

my boyfriend dumped me cos im going on this programme....iim jealous of u girlies.... :( do u think he a poohead for dumping me? we were together nearly 4months. he said he wanted out before we got too involved...stoopid boy.x

20. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I have been dating my GF for 3 1/2 years and doing the program is probably going to be a huge mistake for us :( but this is something I have wanted to do since my first trip to Disney in the 5th grade.