Whats it's like for an 18 year old!!!!?????

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DisneyTracy, Oct 28, 2004.

1. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering if it's all that different for an underage person going over there? like do we get the crummy jobs? Or do we have to be in are appartment by a certin time, Do we get to still have fun even tho we can't drink! lol.. im just wondering????

Luv ALwasy Trace :-*

2. pax

pax New Member

I bet you can drink!!!!!!!!!
    but at least not as open... jeje

You program is gonna be the same at work, at least the managers are gonna threat you the same...

I have heard that at commons the things have change, not so sure, but when I was there (2003) the apartments were all mix up, they did not care if you were underage or not, nowadays I think they put underage together so you can´t have drinks at home... like Vista Way where all CP´s are.

Now, when you are underage the things you miss are like night clubs in downtown orlando or someplace else or the well known PI, (there you can drink but you better watch out for security) jeje

So don´t worry your program is gonna be just fine, and you will find ways to have lots and lots of fun... jeje

take care and I hope it helps

3. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Hey!!!!!
    Underage people have a lot of fun!! believe me, i was 18 -19 when i was there and probablly i was the youngest of all mexican pavillion, but you can always have fun. fortunatedly in my arrival group we were 3 underage, and there were other underage mexicans.
    It is true that you cant go to downtown orlando clubs and that you cant drink in PI. When i was there they didnt separate underage and over 21 apartments.And about the job you do the same things that the others.
    Take care

4. flavour

flavour New Member

me and my friend were both underage when we got there (well, she was the whole time) and we had so much fun...the first few weeks we really always looked out for security and were really scared to drink, but after a bit we didn't care! we would even drink around security (luckily at that time security was really great!)...well, yeah,w e couldn't go downtown and drink at pi (well, we drank before), but we def. didn't have the feeling we missed out on something!
    and yeah, at work nobody cares!

later! flavour xoxo

5. Louisa

Louisa New Member

it's no problem. if you wanna drink around the world at epcot you can do as we did! we boght all the shot glasess form each pavilion and drank around the world at the commons. it was superfun!

6. SinaHamburg

SinaHamburg New Member

hey!
    in munich they said that when youre underage youre gonna live at the so-called wellness apartments where no alcohol is allowed...
    ~sina

7. flavour

flavour New Member

well, you're not allowed to have any alcohol in your apt. when there's someone underage living there...3 years ago they didn't care though and they never checked!
    and you can still drink at other people's places...there's so many ways, you'll find that out very quick! ;)

later! flavour xoxo

8. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

lol, it seems like the only reason to go there is to party??? and drink, what if you don't want to go party and drink all the time?? or is this program not for people like that...

9. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Theres plenty to do for people who dont want to party! Let me make a short list of non drinking activities!

-Reading
    -Sleeping

Those are just a few! ISNT IT EXCITING!? :p

10. pax

pax New Member

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!
    NOT JUST SLEEPING ??? AND READING ???, YOU CAN ALWAYS TRAVEL... ;D

I WAS NOT MUCH OF A PARTY GUY, BUT LET´S MENTION TRAVELING AND GETTING TO SHOWS, THEATER, LIVE SHOWS, CONCERTS, MUSEUMS, USA IS FULL OF THOSE KIND OF EVENTS AND CULTURAL STUFF EVEN THOU AMERICANS ARE NOT AS CULT!! JEJE ;D

AND THERE IS ALWAYS GOOD FOOD AT EXPENSIVE RESTAURANTS ;) WHERE YOU CAN SPEND ;) AS MUCH AS IN A DRINKING PARTY, OR MORE...

WELL YOU JUST HAVE TO ENJOY AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT IS GONNA BE LIKE, JUST GO AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!

SIT BACK AND BUCKEL UP, CAUSE IT CAN BE A WILD RIDE!!!!!!!

PAX

11. flavour

flavour New Member

thinking back on it now, actually, yeah, partying was the only reason to go there!  ;) well, that and having the name disney on your resumee! haha

12. Andy

Andy New Member

Digital! hahahahaa!

Why would you not want to party! This has been a big problem with me, i do like the occasional alcoholic beverage! But i am confident with what you say there will be ways to drink and have fun!

13. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

you can always PARTY without the drinking! haha...just have to be aruond the right people!:)

14. flavour

flavour New Member

well, yeah, you could...but a drink every now and then isn't too bad either!! getting wasted and the stories you can tell afterwards are kinda part of the experience! haha

15. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LMAO@Digital and Andy! I feel ya guys!! So I think I'm that person my dear Flavia is referring too :p Underage throughout the whole year *SOB* drinking prohibited by law....well what do I care? LOL This year was the biggest longest and craziest party ever!!!! Too many funny drunken nights to remember....
    BUT of course you didn't have to drink and party. The great thing about Disney is that it doesn't only bring different nationalities together, but also different personalities. You can enjoy that year however you want it....one of my best friends never went to parties or got drunk and I still loved her!!! I do think you miss out on some great fun if you avoid the parties though! So many amazing people to meet!!!

Laterz

Jules

16. flavour

flavour New Member

how do you know i was referring to you, hon?? haha!!

well, i didn't go to too many parties, and believe me, i really regret it now! especially when you hear the stories the next day you really wish you had been there!!

later! flavour xoxo

17. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

You had any other friends besides me?? :eek: LOL
    Well I think I went to almost every party that took place down there and I'm glad I did. Not only did I get to know so many great people, but I probably knew I'd never party that hard again and that is why I took the chance! Look at me now :-\ ( Well not now, cause I'm sitting here drinking champagne LOL ...but in general )... We are getting old!!!
    Miss those crazy nights when I only needed 2 liters of Popov to make me happy!!!

Laterz
    Julia

18. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey!

Well it's going to be interesting thats for sure, I can't belive it's comming up so quick!! But Im sure it wil be just as fun for an 19 year old to have fun then a 21 year old, lol jsut a we need to hide it more!! But I can't wait this year is goign to be awesome!!

19. flavour

flavour New Member

@jules: of course i had other friends as well! like, hm, well...there was, hmm...ok maybe not! and it's still the same! :'(
    so when are we gonna go party again?? or well, finally! haha!
    but the amount of alcohol we could down back then, omg! today i'm drunk just looking at booze! haha!
    well, c u sunday!!

later! flavour xoxo

20. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I'll be partying on Tuesday, no matter what!!! And I'll probably continue throughout the week, cause I fu**ing deserve it! LOL I'm kinda going nuts at home, I can't concentrate on studying and there is no end in sight!
    Only thing that keeps me going is the party that will take place afterwards! SAUSALITOS!!!!
    See ya Sunday
    Julia