When are you getting your VISA?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by StevenC, Feb 25, 2010.

1. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

its a 1 and a half mile walk from victoria station to the embassy, so id jump on the victoria line up to oxford circus and walk from there to leave a half mile walk

if your super lazy like me and dont wanna walk at all, switch lines at oxford circus to the central line (red) and get off at baker street :)

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

il walk :) i'd rather save a fiver and i have about 2 hours to pass when i get off my coach, so i guess i gotta figure out how to walk to baker street lol where is it from there? il get map looking x

3. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ok cool dude :) i'll figure it out il probz end up getting a travelcard for a fiver then i can go round places when i finish x

5. mac shell

mac shell New Member

Just booked my visa appointment for the 16th at Belfast!! its starting to fly in now :D xxxx

6. -Laura-

-Laura- New Member

Good luck to anyone else going for their visa! :) It's nothing to be worried about, just a bit boring waiting around! I just got my passport back today, makes it seems even more real now!! ;D

7. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

see on the ds 160 form - are we intednign to study in the US?

8. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Just booked and sorted everything to do with this visa out!
    My appointment is in London on Tuesday 6th April at wait for it......8am!
    Bad times! Hoping that I'll be done quick though! ;D
    Anyone else got an appointment that day?
    xx

9. aimeejaneg

aimeejaneg New Member

Finally got it all sorted out and booked! I'm going on the 28th april at 1pm. Anyone else?!

10. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Tomorow :D oof. exciting, i gotta be up at 4am tho :eek:

11. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

I've just had my passport returned to me with my Visa in it ;D

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

wow 38 days! thats so soon!!

13. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

i know its getting scary now lol

14. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I just filled out all the online applications and it took near enough THREE HOURS!! It kept timing out and having errors occuring and messing up, but I finally did it!
    Booked my Visa appointment for April 12th. A bit scared about what everyones saying! I'm so scared I'm going to end up accidentally taking my phone or something and losing it forever!
    My appointments at 1pm, what time do people suggest I get there, early? Or exactly on time?
    xxx

15. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

I got there about 12.30 and they let me in and i was out by around 2. I hated that form with a passion especially the photo bit i look like a right grumpy arse on it lol

16. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

On the subject of the photo....

Mine came up as approved and had a wee green tick etc.
    Does that mean it okay or can they turn around on the day and say that its not?!
    What happens then?!

xxx

17. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

Mine had a green tick as well on the form so i guess it means that its been approved and will be ok

18. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Here's hoping....

why do passport style photos always look dreadful!

xxx

19. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

well i was booked on a train for the 9th of april, but cos of the rail strike it looks like its not going to be on

not sure how else to get there, flying isnt an option, and i wont have my car on that day either

20. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hey guys i had my appointment yesterday :) Its really not scary at all like every1 says, one guy was telling me to worry about what to say in the interview cos i could get turned away if i say im just gunna be a waitress, but it wasn't like that at all =/

My appointment was at 1 but i got there early and went in about 11:15 cos i was bored, they let me in fine tho, went in got seen to straight away, there was loooaaads more people than i expected there tho, i read my book for a bit and then got called for the interview at 1.15 so 2 hours later.. they asked me:

What are you doing in America?

I said: Working for walt disney world.

ok..APPROVED. so i wouldn't really call it an interview lol and then i went to the bank to put money on my card cos they dont take cash payments, went back in and was out for about half 1 :) had to bum around till 8 tho on my own :( x