When can i apply for 2014?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by haycee14, May 11, 2013.

1. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

I'm a trainee teacher, so my Uni course is four years long, and so I could technically apply for summer 2015 I believe (I finish Uni in May 2015, but don't have the actual graduation ceremony until October 2015) but I will be looking for jobs and going to interviews (as I have to work full time in a school for a further year before I become a fully qualified teacher!) so it wouldn't be realistic to apply for then, so really, yes this is my last opportunity! :-[

The waiting has been driving me craaazy!! Especially as I was so certain i'd be able to apply last year for this summer, but then wasn't able to as I have to get a certain amount of experience in school, most of which has to be done in the summer term (i.e. now) and as you know, this years ICPs have already left! I've gone all out this summer though, and will have done the required number of days for my entire Uni course so I don't have to do any next summer, leaving lots of time for the ICP! I'm getting really ancy now though, and just want to apply! ;)

2. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Ahh right that's understandable, I really really hope you get placed this year! Sounds like you've gone to a lot of effort but it'll all be worth it when you're working at Disney :D what roles are you interested in?

3. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Well hopefully the effort will pay off! ;)

I'm not entirely sure of all the different roles ICP's can actually do and what categories they come under (e.g. I think Photopass Photographer comes under Entertainment) as I can't seem to find a definitive list with definite answers anywhere!
    My first choice would be attractions though, second is probably Merch, and third Entertainment (either character handler or photopass photographer). My 2nd and 3rd choices are more or less equal though I think! And then there's the fact that attractions comes under "Operations" so they could stick you on a turnstile or at a ticket booth, which is not my idea of fun! ::)

How about you??

4. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Im sure it will! Good choices :) first choice would also be attractions but i wouldnt mind merch as my first choice either, other than that im not sure, i would be prepared to do anything to work at disney but last choice would definitely be custodial and possibly QSFB :/ eeep getting excited just thinking about it!

5. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Custodial is my last choice too! I'm a cleaner at the moment to pay my way through Uni so wouldn't want to go all the way to Florida to carry on cleaning! ;) Not so keen on F&B either, but like you say, would be happy with anything if it got me there! Only 50 days until we can apply! Not that i'm counting.... ;D

6. haycee14

haycee14 Member

yeah wouldnt be good! ive done QSFB kind of work before so would also like a change, hopefully gonna get a job over summer to get more work experience for my application :) and thats so exciting! it actually sounds really close but it will probably end up dragging!

7. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

It does sound close - I was expecting applications to open in September so it was kind of a shock to the system when they said they'd be opening Aug 1st! I wasn't expecting to apply until I came back from my holiday there at the beginning of Sept! You're right though, it'll certainly draaaaaag!

8. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Oh im so jealous that youre going on holiday there! Ive been once, when I was 4, so I dont remember it like at all :( that will hopefully change next year though :)

9. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

I'm very lucky that both my parents are Disney nuts too, so we like to take our family holidays there! ;D This will be my 11th trip since the age of 8....we are all totally hooked...obviously!

I'm a bit worried they'll start contacting people about applications whilst i'm away...not sure whether it would sound good or bad if I had to say "please can we re-arrange, i'm currently out of the country, 'researching' my potential work location" hahah!

10. haycee14

haycee14 Member

aww thats so cool! I am also on holiday in Egypt at the beginning of september so I hope they dont start to contact people then either! hopefuly it wouldnt be too much hassle to re-arrange :/

11. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

I just hope we get interviews!! :D Good luck - we'll have to re-convene here and discuss when the applications are open! ;)

12. haycee14

haycee14 Member

me too! good luck to you also and yep great idea :)