When do you find out you got the job?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Gillian, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Gillian

Gillian New Member

I have my interview on Thursday in Glasgow. How long after you have had your interview do you find out if you got a job or not?

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hey

well a few of us had our interview in London last friday, they told us the latest we would hear was going to be the 10th December, so that gives a 4 week period of which you are expected to hear from them. I expect once all UK interviews have taken place with Glasgow & Belfast being this week, people could start hearing from early next week!!

Hope that helps

3. Gillian

Gillian New Member

Cheers for that.

hadnt really thought about the interview much untill i was doing a bit of research this morning. Am so excited now. Dont think my boyfriend will feel the same!!!

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Best thing to do is be excited about it and don't worry!! I was majorly stressing about it now i wonder why, im stressing now but end of the day i've given it my best shot and now i just have to wait to see if they want me in.

I split up with my boyfriend a month or so ago, so that was making my decision hard whether to go for it or not, as obviously wanted to spend time with him, but now i'm single again realise i wana go to disney more than anything and nothin is holding me back now!

I'm sure u'll b fine for ur interview though. Dru & Julie who are the recruiters are really nice.

5. Gillian

Gillian New Member

How easy/hard would it be for my boyfriend to apply for a visa?

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

it would totally depend on what he was wanting to do!! it is hard to get a visa, the Q1 visa which you get if ur successful through this programme is specifically for disney and no other company. Others will be better qualified to give you a better answer on the visas but since september 11th, its been very hard to obtain visas.

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Gillian,

Welcome to the boards!!! I just want to echo everything Sara said - I interviewed in London last week so hopefully we wont have to wait too long to hear!!!

Good luck on Thursday - let us know how it goes!!

Michelle xx

PS Sorry I couldnt help with the Visa question - maybe you could try the American Embassy website?

8. Gillian

Gillian New Member

Cheers, will try that.

Gillian xx

9. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

How come your boyfriend didn't apply with you? Frazdog and I are hoping to go together (waiting to hear back from our telephone interviews :-\ )

It'd be a great experience and you'll havr to time of your life, it'd be such a shame to be missing your bf whilst out there though x

10. Gillian

Gillian New Member

Me and my boyfriend werent together when i applied. If i get accepted he is going to get a job in Florida too. Dont really think working at Disney is his thing.

Gillian

11. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

lol x Aww hope you guys have no probs getting him a visa. Would he work elsewhere in the restruant trade or anything? It ma be worth looking on the net to find recruitment agencies in Florida? It's always worth a bash x :)

12. Gillian

Gillian New Member

He did a work placement in a hotel a couple of years ago, thinkmay just go back there. We cant really plan anything though until i find out whats happening. I wanna know now!!! hehe

when was your phone interview?

Gillian

13. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

It was on November 18th, TWO WEEKS AGO TODAY!!! :'( It feels like a whole month though x

I know what you mean about not being able to plan anything until you hear, although i there's nothing else i want to plan other than what i'm going to pack to disney ;D (that's a long way off yet though, if at all :( )

14. Gillian

Gillian New Member

i had my face to face interview on the 18th. It does seem a long time ago.

When would you be starting at Disney? What department?

Gillian

15. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Well i'm onlt telephone interview stage right now, but hopefully if i get through i'll be in the Februra interviews ready for Sept - Dec 2005!!! ;D

What about you? x

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

My boyfriend was going to come with me, get a job in a bar in orlando, or so we hoped, but we broke up, although i think it would've been nice 4 us 2 have been 2gether while over there, i hope it works out 4 u and ur boyfriends for the best.

very hard now we split up and he wants me 2 stay though oh well we'll just have to see if i have to cross that hurdle in the nxt week or so

xxx

17. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Things will always work out for the best x I'd leave it in fate's hands and not worry too much about ti to be honest :) It's difficult but it's true x Whatever is meant to be will be ;)

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

that's something i believe myself. if its meant to be its meant to be, no point forcing situations etc. oh well we shall c wot happens i suppose

xxx

19. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Yeah, i'm just glad that my bf wants to come along to. From the start it's been something we've wanted to do so have gone into this together which would make the whole experience even more awesome! :D

But also stacks up the odds against us a bit as we both have to get in :-\

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah, i applied at about the same time as i started seein my then boyfriend and we agreed if i got in we would do it together etc. its just a shame things havent worked out how we were planning them, but things happen 4 a reason so probs worked out 4 the best.

wish u both the best of luck