When do you get access to the Parks?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by toddlystockley, Jun 3, 2007.

1. toddlystockley

toddlystockley New Member

When do you get your park access card and how soon can you start using it? Also do we actually get any time to go within the first few weeks considering there seems to be alot going on with all the paperwork and training (drink and disney  ;) )  that needs to be done.

I think the first park I've got to visit has to be the Magic Kingdom, what better place to start  :). Cant wait to ride space mountain again!

edit: P.S. 100 Posts up :) I'm a full member now woohoo

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

We got our cards at traditions from what i can remember..

We got our main gate passes on the second day tho at the bank meeting..These are the passes you use to get your family in for free and what program your on decides whether you get them or not..They usually get 3 family members into the park for free 12 days of the year..

And yeah, ull get time off in your first few weeks, think i had about 4 days off in my first 2 weeks! Maybe even 5..Just all depends tho really on your work location etc, like everything does while your a castmember at disney!

3. Vickygirl01

Vickygirl01 New Member

I want to go to the parks, the next day I arrive, hahaha ;)

4. Tan

Tan New Member

Traditions is on the Saturday and you get your passes then. In your first week you get a few days off so you can visit the parks. Youll have plenty of time to hit the rides! x

5. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

yeah, cant wait to go round all the parks aswell, getting pretty excited too, so much still to do, 2 weeks left!! ahhhhh! but i finish my job on Thursday, bring it on!!!! Disneyworld here I come!!!

6. LukeW

LukeW New Member

I'd love to go to Disney (MGM) Studios on the day I get there (June 24th) 'cuz it's the last day of the Star Wars weekends but I don't think it's going to be possible.

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

It'll be changing its name soon as well! Not sure when tho..Does anyone else know when it gets changed? It better mean new rides as well as a name change!

8. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

so long as it keeps the rocknroller coaster and terror towers i dont care what they call it lol

im still pissed at universal for closing back to the future i actually like that ride!

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Shitt! I didn't realise they'd closed back to the future..Thats my favourite film! Well trilogy! :-\

There changing the name to Disney-Pixar Studios..I quite like the name actually..Makes sense as well considering the amount of pixar stuff there is in the park!

Definetly got the two best rides tho as you say! I absolutely love Rock n Roller Coaster!

10. pinkspideruk

im not sure if it is already closed but they are closing it - apparantly it costs too much to keep running - i cant say im suprised tho since islands opened the number of people in the park has dwindled - also they dont have as many character performers as before so its not like its all that fun to wnder around anymore. i remember being chased by the blues brothers when i was a kid there it was so much fun lol

11. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

i love that rideee!!! how can they close back to the futureeee!!!! thats just bad! :mad: :mad:

12. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Yeah they closed it last Oct, we went in it's last week of operation. It was shit anyway. I hated Universal Studios, so dated.

13. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

I have to say i dont really like universal. Its all a bit too grey and old.

And back to the future just made me feel incredibly ill. Last time i went on it i wanted to cry lol. i felt so so ill. sat there with my eyes closed praying for it to end.

14. cliffybyro

cliffybyro New Member

there replacing it with a Simpsons ride.

15. pinkspideruk

universal used to be good - when i first went there i remember really enjoying it (altho i did cry when et couldnt say my name properly! hehe well i was only 5)

since they built islands its gone down hill last time i was there was like 2 years ago and it was like a ghost town - really boring with nothing interesting going on. im not a huge fan of islands i like the rides but the constant noise there gives me a headache most times i go there

16. Emi

Emi New Member

Aw no I love Universal! Its got the ET ride, the MiB ride, Terminator and The Horror Make Up Show!! :D

17. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

Aw no I love Universal! Its got the ET ride, the MiB ride, Terminator and The Horror Make Up Show!!

--------------------

Heathen!!

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I love the horror make up show! haha..Maybe uve made up there for bad mouthing bleu cheese ;D haha..

I think it will pick up again universal when the simpsons ride opens..

Also i've heard city walks an awesome night and i didn't get chance to go last time, so i definetly wana go this time..

19. pinkspideruk

i liked the bob marley cafe in the city walk and just generally watching all the street performers - also hard rock is cool

yeah maybe it will pick up after the simpsons it hasnt really had any new rides for w while its like they have been too busy trying to turn islands into a success

20. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I was too scared to go to the horror make up show.

The Harry Potter park should make IOA more exciting, it hasnt really changed aince it opened 8 years ago.