When to send off application?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Missish, May 22, 2006.

1. Missish

Missish New Member

Hey, I'm new here!
    Came across this site and found it v. useful already.

So ...

I'm 17, from the UK and I want to apply for doing the WDW International Program during my gap year between Sixth Form and university (2007-2008).
    In order to be in with a fair chance of being able to go in the time period I'd like (so I don't have to take, essentially, 2 gap years in order to do the program), when should I send off my CV? Would sending it off now just be premature and probably get tossed aside? Or would it help me get a foot-in-the-door for when I'm 18 (December this year), as it were?

Thanks! :)

2. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

I am not sure about the UK experience but here in Canada we sent ours out the September of the year before we wanted to go, so if you want to go next year send it out this coming September...

Just my .02

3. Colin

Colin Member

You'll need to check on applying whilst under 18, I think it should be okay as long as you are old enough by your departure date. If so you'll probably want to submit your application october time for the interviews in March 2007, which will be for departures mostly from September - December 2007.

My departure is September 12th 2006 and I return 7th September 2007, if you got similar dates that would be just about the right timing for you to start uni in September 2008 :)

Colin

4. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

You have to be 18 at the time of submitting your application.

I wanted to go over 2005/06 leaving in September 2005 so that i could be back for the following year to go to Uni but since the Interviews where at the beginning of March and my birthday wasnt till the end they wouldnt accept my application :(

Hope this helps in someway though it may not be the answer you are looking for
    Mhairi

5. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

heya
    it seems im in the same boat as you i want to go the same time as u
    im only 17 as well but i sent my application and CV in and told them the situation with my age,
    and they have given me a phone interview for august soo i dont no whether theyv changed things to allow me to apply before being 18.
    i hope iv helped..

6. slightlymazmad

@ xxlora_182xx - Do you turn 18 before your phone interview? or at least by the time the face to face interviews would be held? That might have been my problem, that i still would have been 17 for both interviews.

Mhairi

7. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

nope i am not 18 till the begining of next year
    soo i dont really no whats happening
    i hope that i definatly can have my interview

8. Missish

Missish New Member

Thanks for your replies, even though I'm still not sure when to send an application off :p

Maybe I should do as xxlora_182xx did and explain to them that I'll be 18 by the interviews? (provided they're in March)

9. slightlymazmad

Hey Emma

Why dont you send them an email asking when would be the best time to send your application form in? I think there are some interviews in November and sometimes more in March.

The people at Yummy Jobs are a great bunch of people who i'm sure will be more than willing to answer any questions you might have.

xxlora_182xx - i have really know idea about your situation, seems strange though that they would turn one person down and give another an interview. This was over a year and a half ago though so maybe things have changed, hope you still get your interview and things go well.

Mhairi

10. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

i hope its going to be ok

as im not 18 till after even the march interviews!

which means i will never be able to do it as my GAP year!

x