When we arrrive

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by cmaxdu62220, Feb 5, 2006.

1. LOL! that was ment to say "shirt" oooops lol!

There was a girl at my vancouver interview who came in wih big minnie mouse ears on! I really want to know if she got the job :p

2. David

David New Member

At my F2F in Vancouver, guys wore everything from regular casual clothes, to a suit(which I wore). I dunno if it meant anything, but me, Snowwhite, and Tessa all wore suits and all got jobs.

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

hmm... :-\ maybe I'll try to track down a suit then... ;D

4. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Hey Tessa,
    I was thinking of wearing a suit to my interview. What kind of questions did you prepare for the interview? Also did you bring references for your resume?
    Does anybody know how many they hire from each location the go to. I know they are going to 3 locations in Canada!

5. yeah, I would go with a suit because you might as well make the BEST impression possible you know? Dress to impress ::)

Kel, I prepaired a bunch of questions that I personally wanted to know, just some things about the candlelight processional and things like that. I did bring references. I don't know the actual number of how many people they accepted, but there were about 45 at Vancouver and 25 in Calgary last November. I think they took about 40-50 people? Not sure how accurate this is, but I *think* there is about a 50/50
    You can ask Nicola or Eric from Casyaway and they'll tell you, I just never remembered to ask them :p

6. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Most males were wearing suits at my interview, I'd go with that. I didn't take any references with me.

7. cmaxdu62220

cmaxdu62220 New Member

i hope april 25th there 'll not have a strike in the airport coz today it was a strike from the airport of Orly!! And today some french went to florida by plane but they are lucky coz they have take plane from charles de gaulles which was not on strike!!

I hope I pry there'll not have stike in france or Gb or Usa!!!!!

8. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Thanks so much for all the help - I really appreciate it. As the days go by- my interview gets closer and closer - but I am really excited but obviously really nervous as well!
    Tessa - do you know if they called your references - because I know some people brought them and some didnt?! Again thanks for all the help!!

9. tess123

tess123 New Member

Kel - Good Luck for your interview, as far as i am aware they never contacted my referee at all, but it might be different all the time

10. april25th

april25th New Member

Buts its what the British do best go on strike lol .I hope i is ok also .

11. You know, I don't even remember if they took me references...I think I staplled them to my resume and then had a cover letter on top, better to be over prepaired :p lol
    But I don't think they called any of my references, I think the people on my list would have told me.

I know what you are going through, I was SOOO nervous and over prepairing EVERYTHING befvore my interview, so ask away!

Wierd, how now I can give advice and help people, I was only there myself 3 months ago...how quickly things change :)

12. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Hey Tess, Thanks so much for all this help. My mind is going crazy thinking of different things I can do to prepare for this face2face interview. I am just really excited and hope everything goes good and one day I will be joining fellow Canadians down in Florida. Its a beautiful place Florida and I would love the opportunity to work at Disney - so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    You answering my questions is very very helpful - so thanks!!

13. No problemo Kel :)

Ask away...It is still fresh in my mind the trauma of waiting! LOL
    I'm more than willing to help!

14. stoondisneynut

stoondisneynut New Member

you guys will all do well in your interviews. it does not hurt to do some research on the Walt Disney Company itself before you go, get to know the fine details about the company that any joe blow would not know, because that is what Disney is all about, the fine details, which set them apart from the competition, which in the world of Disney, is EVERYONE

Through work i've had to read some books on Disney and apply it to my job. There are many books on there about Disney and their policies/procedures/guiding principles/company mission statement/keys to their success. Think about the book, and think about your expiernece at any of the many fabulous walt disney theme parks, and see if you can give examples of their practices being put to work. That was brought up in my interview. Knowledge is power. Set yourself apart from all the other applicants.

And again... to re-iterate... The Disney peeps are probably the most friendly people in the entire world you will ever meet. (That is a requirement for the job... if u want to work at the happiest place on earth).

Wow... the posts on this topic have definitely strayed from the initial topic....

15. Very well put!
    I can't wait to work with you :)

16. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Soondisneynut,
    Thanks to you too for all the information - it helps out a lot. Now you said you read these book - im assuming you can get them anywhere?
    But again all the information is very helpful - my face2face is in less then a month and Im really excited!!
    I hope I will be working with all of you in the future!

17. stoondisneynut

stoondisneynut New Member

you most definitely can get these books anywhere.... just go to the business section at any big book store, or library.

a good one is "Inside the Magic Kingdom, keys to disney's success"

The Disney institute also has a line of books on customer service, and their philosophies

Hope this helps!

Darren

18. cadey

cadey New Member

hey you should def wear a suit etc i did and everyone with me and we all got placements you have to act really enthusiastic as well
    ;D

19. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Soondisneynutt
    Thanks so much again for the advice.... less than a month away - im really looking forward to the interview!
    I will be sure to check out the books - anything that will help me out is a bonus!

20. cadey

cadey New Member

yeah in the interview they are so nice to you i had 1 american and 2 english that interviewed me.

where are you from coz it might be diff if you already in america!!!
    :D :D