Where actually ARE the commons?!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by elusivemoose, Dec 3, 2006.

1. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Nothing important, I was just wondering where abouts the accomodation is in relation to the theme parks and places? No real reason for asking, I'm just curious...

2. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

its just near mary queen of the universe church and about 2 mins walk from the orlando premium outlets.

3. Tan

Tan New Member

Yep right next to the outlets - im going to be so poor! Not far from the disney parks and you still have the buses to get to universal and other malls.

Tan x x

4. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

if ur doing the summer program u will be in Vista probably, the Commons is only for ppl doing the year.

Vista is pretty much the same tho, you have buses to everywhere, and u have some places to eat, and a walgreens right round the corner

5. rachet

rachet New Member

what's walgreens?

and when do you actually find out what complex you will be living in? or do they just tell you when you get there?

6. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

walgreens is a chemist / supermarket / off licence

yeh u find out wen u get there, apart from the cultural rep people, they always live in the commons, unless its full in which case they usually go to chatham then move to commons wen space is available

7. linsey

linsey New Member

when I first came on here and found out it was little lake bryan that the commons are in I was all "I know that place!" It's just down the road from my parents time share (that we don't even use much) so i know the area well already!

And at least you can get the I-ride from Vineland down to universal or sea world or down to the-other-outlet-malls-that-used-to-be-Belz... as well as everything else on Int'l Drive.

I'm going to be broke. Aeropostale, old navy and the banana are getting all my hard earned money....

8. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

Its near Hooters.

Thats all that matters ;)

9. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

haha!!

hooters chicken wings...mmmmm

10. Paco Aleman

Paco Aleman New Member

is there any healthy food near? besides making my own...

11. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

If you look at the commons on google earth, you can see the outlet mall very close by. You can tell it's the outlet mall because they put a giant sign that says "OUTLET MALL" on the roof. Just for us crazies that happen to be looking at it from outer space.

Where are the African and Asian Animal Kingdom cultural exchange participants housed? Is it the commons? I would love to meet some people from Africa.

12. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

im pretty sure some of them, if not all live at the commons

13. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Ok I've made a HANDY map for everyone!

Here's the legend match the colour to the square to get the area.

Red=Magic Kingdom Park
    Blue=EPCOT
    Purple=Disney/MGM Studios
    Dark Red=Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
    Lime Green=Downtown Disney
    White = Vista Way
    Yellow= The Commons
    Orange = Chatham Square

Animal Kingdom is in the bottom left where the legend is. The Treehouse Villas are just north of Downtown Disney

14. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

that map is ace!!! thank you!!!!! how far away on foot is it from the commons to downtown disney - can you walk home after a night out or is it way to far??? Are there taxi ranks anywhere nearby - or do you just have to phone them up??? Are there buses that take you into orlando town its self - or again do you have to get your own taxi?? x

15. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

you would never even attempt to walk home from downtown disney...unless u were crazy lol... it is possible right enough as my friend James did it, but it took him about an hour he said.

There at Taxi ranks at PI, but most people go with the fabby little taxi driver that is Orlando.. he takes about 20 ppl at one time back to the commons, for $2 each...same on the way there, pretty much $2 no matter where u go around the disney area.

If u go to downtown Orlando, its $8 return with Orlando, or $10 if theres not very many of you. He's a funny wee dude... he used to take me back to treehouses from commons all the time, and one time i was dead upset so he went to the supermarket and bought me a rose in a vase haha! bless him!

Theres another driver called Kojak who is similar prices.

16. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

it must be the country bumpkin in me - we have to walk every where here as we havent got any taxis ..... (dont laugh!!!!!!) an hours walk home is pretty standard here!!! :D
    Wont be trying it there tho - taxis sound like a giggle over there!!!! bring on the drunken fun!!! xx

17. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

im sorry i had to laugh, lol! :D

taxis are fun, 20 odd ppl squeezed in a 14 seater is so funny and orlando always puts some cool music on haha, its like part of the night out! i think i have some taxi pics on my bebo hehe

18. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

You are an absolute LEGEND!! Thank you :D

Is it possible to walk to Typhoon Lagoon/ Downtown Disney from Vista Way then? I HAVE to do some walking, it'd be the only exercise I get, and reading about all the Wendy's people eat it sounds like I'd need it! That said, walking around one of those theme parks is probably the distance I walk each day anyway!!

19. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I walked from Vista to DTD (you could do Typhoon but probably add another 15-20 min to the estimated total).

The problem is to walk you need to walk Past the interstate, so look to the north to where the curved road that runs in to the B on Lake Buena Vista. Then you have to take that road all the way back to to DTD. Then if you want to go to Typhoon the entrance is at the far end of DTD.

I mean it's possible but it probably wouldn't save you any time compared to taking the bus (the bus does only run once per hour though), and it could end up being more hassle then it's worth.

Not saying it can't be done but it is a long hike.

20. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

or its like $6 in a cab if u cant be assed walking or waiting for a bus

i assume u wouldnt be going to the water park alone so thats like $3 if there were 2 of u, or less if more people