Where actually ARE the commons?!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by elusivemoose, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Paco Aleman

Paco Aleman New Member

soo is it really worth... save and buy a car...

2. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

a car would be fun for going days out and stuff but u can also live easily without one in my opinion.

it would make things like trips to the supermarket etc easier, but buses are provided to everywhere and cars can be rented cheap for trips etc

3. kerrbear

kerrbear New Member

my drinking career is going to be over ... heehee :'( ... dam PI and there silly over 21ness!!

4. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

Ok, so the commons are by Little Lake Bryan. I can see a beach and a dock and tennis courts and stuff, but on Google Earth I notice that there appears to be a fence seperating the commons from all that. If we live in the commons do we have access to the beach and lake and tennis courts? Am I right in assuming that just below the beach is Chatam Way? It seems they have access to the beach. Just curious as to what's actually what there.

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Youre right - getting to mickeys retreat (which is the beachy area you can see) is a bit of a walk from the comons. Its not far its just that you have to walk out the commons front entrance and then all the way around the back to mickeys retreat when its right next door!!

Mickeys retreat is situated between commons and chatham, youre right there too!!

6. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

Hmmmm..... I wonder how risky it would be to hop the fence??? lol

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Dunno about that or how the fence is in the commons... it's probably (from what I can remember) about 10 feet, and at least at the commons of the pointed top variety.

It's maybe a 10ish min walk from Commons security all the way around though.

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

yeh it doesnt take long at all... i used to walk from chatham bus stop to the commons, and then to the very furthest apartment block within the commons and it only took about 10 mins or so

9. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

mickeys' retreat doesn't look too far away, but after walking those 10 mins in the heat, its kinda tiring.

I liked it though, went there and played basketball, tennis, football (soccer), baseball and took a kayak out on the lake.

They had a cool little beach with sun loungers and hammocks and a beach volleyball court.

Every now and then there was a BBQ going on, which we gatecrashed.

hmmmmm.......burgers

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Another thing is a bus from the commons-Chatham (which makes it like a 2 min walk at most) takes 3 min, you just have to go when the busses go (and few busses go from Commons-Chatham. From memory the H (wal mart bus) which runs once and hour, and the Animal Kingdom bus (which runs every 30 min))

11. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

and for the return... the C bus goes from chatham to commons, until about 9pm when it stops at commons b4 chatham