Where is everyone flying to?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Jan 14, 2005.

1. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i don't know marie, for some reason i remembered that from them telling me or something, haha

xxx

2. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Ive always thought that Lindsey - wouldn't mind either jason or alexis' job when i get back from the progranmme!!! Apart from that I dont have a clue what IM gonna do when I finish my year - find a 'proper' job I suppose!!! What a scary thought!!!

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha it always amuses me the 'proper job' thing, all my friends said that when completed degree's and left alton towers!

xxx

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i dont want a proper normal job!

Id rather keep doing things like this for the rest of my life. dont care bout the financial security thing! :-[

xx

5. DisneyMichelle

I dont like the idea pf a proper job either!!! 'Proper' make sme think of sitting behind a desk 9-5 and that is so not me at all!!! I think the journalsim or TV thing would be good as i have experience in both but who knows - maybe Ill work for the dsney channel!!!

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah proper & normal don't go with me! i need an unpredictable job thats different all the time, i cant have the same mundane thing 365 a year, thats so not me!

xxx

7. DisneyMichelle

Thats exactly how i feel sara - i cant stand it when every day is the same and you get into a boring old routine - thats my idea of a nightmare job!!!

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

and mine michelle!! we r all so similar, its kinda scary isn't it?

thats y i love my job at alton towers, its so unpredictable but its a fun place as well, i cudnt b in a borin crappy place everyday!

9. DisneyMichelle

And thats why i hate my job in the bank - its the same boring crap every day!!!!

Oh well!!! I only have four working weeks left so 20 working days - thats not too bad!!!!

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah its not long at all mate! just think this year could change your life ey ;) haha

xxx

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

certainly will. cant wait to get out of my job.everyones broke so there are NO customers. we're just spring cleaning ALL DAY EVERY DAY! ahhhh the boredom!!

xxx

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Im glad you guys are the same as me. Cos loads of people at uni are trying to get proper jobs at financial companies and stuff. Back when i first applied to disney i went to careers fair - i made an effort talked to loads of the companies recruiting (mainly cos i wanted an excuse to get the freebies!) i was bored within a min with pretty much all of them. And when i got back i couldnt remember which investment comp was which. Def not for me.
    xxx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

so how did you find out about disney??

xx

14. Marie

Marie Guest

well i actually found out about the college program last year in america i went to the presentation cos it was on campus. This was maybe Dec 03. They told me id have to apply from the UK - but i thought it sounded great and got a free pen and stickers! I e mailed yummy but theyd filled up all their interview slots for college program and they said i had to be interviewed in the uk. Cos i was in america id hoped i could be interviewed with the Us applicants.

Anyway in Sep i thought i'll contact yummy and ask about college prog again. Turned out i couldnt applly cos im graduatin. I randomly asked if they had any other programs - so glad i did or i would never have known about the ip! Strange how things work out! i applied and got a phone interview in oct!!!
    How did u find out about it?
    xxx

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

wow you didnt have long to wait between you phone int and face-to-face!l

well back when i was in school i was on holiday and met a boy on the ip. he was from just the next town over , so i thought 'cool, i'll get me a bit of this' so when i got home i wrote to disney world and asked how i could get a job and sent my cv! (i was 16!) ::)

they wrote back telling me how great it was that i was interested and told me about it and to send my cv to yummy but i'd not get my int til i was 18!
    so i did it anyway coz i knew thatswhat i wanted to do. they gave me my phone in when i was just 17 and my face to face 2 months before my 18th. so i didnt miss out on uni if i didnt get it. coz i phoned them with every intention of pulling out as i didnt wanna risk not having gone to uni if i didnt get it.

my friend applied too but didnt get it :(

obviously didnt take the offer coz of dance school...but you know that story. so when i left college i applied again and here i am!

so glad i re applied. there wasnt a day gone past since i decided to go the dance school i idnt regret the decision!

very happy im going now. esp with friends!

xxx

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Aw thats a sweet story! How cute does that disney world letter sound- thats so nice they wrote back and everything and now ur going!

Think i was really lucky to get to go to nov interviews - id been told b4 i applied that the dept date would be sept. I was thinking ohno if i get it i'll have to figure out what to do for 3 months. I must have been one of the last they let thru to the nov interviews - strange to think that could have been me now waiting for the feb interviews. Its all worked out so nicely got interviewed in glasgow and sure i'll miss my graduation but its a small sacrifice given im going to florida! and as u know im getting pics anyway at some point.

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

im thinking it was Julie de Francisco that wrote back! the lady who interviewed you! Im sure it was. thats y i recognised the name!

just didnt wanna say anything on the day incase i was wrong! wouldnt that be so funny

"em...no that wasnt me honey"

wasnt willing to risk humilliation!

ill need to look the letter out and see who it was for sure though, still got it. my mum kept it...she actually wanted to frame it...no comment!

xxx

18. Marie

Marie Guest

Aw bless your mum :)
    I thought Julie and Dru were nice. I hope our managers/supervisers are like them.
    I wonder if we'll see Dru and Julie in Florida. I think Dru works in Epcot right.
    xxx

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

drus in charge of merchandise for epcot so we'll be seeing a lot of him. julie i think is for recruitment so we might see her for training. not too sure though!

xxx

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Ah so we will see Dru at least. he seemed nice at the presentation.
    Cant wait to start in merch!