Where is everyone flying to?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Jan 14, 2005.

1. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Dru seems crackers haha, aww he was really nice. Yeah linz you're right about Julie she works in recruitment & HR so traning is a possible place we'll see her!

they both really sweet stories about gettin in bless the 2 of u!

xxx

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol Sara! um i think you forgot isnt its your turn, to tell our disney application story? ;)

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol marie, mines so uninterestin compared to yours.

everytime i went to disney wanted to work there, one year, was the millenium year i think when they had a scottish specific pavillion *with mini golf was well good!!* anyway lol, asked them and they said did it through their uni etc etc.

anyway put the idea to the back burner for a while went to uni, then placement year thought i'll c what info i can get from the tourism officer, she gave me yummy's addy but told me i couldn't contact them until september. but me bein me, i didn't listen got in touch with jason askin when i could send in my cv, which was back in march and he asked me to send it to him asap! so i did, and the rest is history!!!!

xxx

4. Marie

Marie Guest

Aw Sara thats nice that the place you went on hol everyyear since childhood is now gonna be your home!
    Can u imagine if youd waited till sept to apply you might not have got interviewed till feb.
    xxx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

exactly, this is why i took the initiative and did it all myself and everyone on my course is buggered cos they want my placement haha

xxx

6. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Whew... you guys are hard to keep up with. lol....

I decided to look at the post to see where everyone was flying and then it turned into a great conversation about how everyone heard about the program. So.... I'm jumping in again..... :)

Lucky me... living relatively close.... I get a choice of quite a few direct flights to Orlando from Toronto.

Strangely enough, I found out about the program by searching the internet and finding this site. Through a girl I worked with at the Disney Store, we both applied for a 3 month program that Disney was trying out with Canadians. It was for quick service foods, but you didn't get any help with housing though. It was your responsibility. I went to the interview and they offered my a position right then and there, but I couldn't see the sense in relocating myself for 3 months and having to go through the hassle of finding an apartment for that short amount of time. That was about 6 years ago.

I found this site and got really excited, but really nervous about the interview. Made the mistake of asking one of the other friends at the store to go with me. The thought that one of us wouldn't get in didn't even cross my mind. Well, sure enough, that's what happened. She got in and I didn't. She went down from July00-July01. I went for another attempt in April 2000, but wasn't even considered. Didn't really surprise me though.... my best friend had just passed away a couple of weeks before, so, looking back, I'm sure I wasn't at my Disney best. So, I gave up at that point.

Last summer, for some reason, I decided to come on to the site again to see what was happening. No clue why, but I decided to give it one last shot. Flew half way across the country, but I did it.

Anyways, there's my story.... :)

Sandra :)

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Aww wow sandra, thats a great story.

yeah sorry we do get kinda carried away, you're lucky enough to be in my arrival group as well *or should i say unlucky?* hehe. i'm just a very talkative person

xxx

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Sandra that is such an inspiring story - prob the best of the lot. Its so Disney :) Thats great u applied again cos now ur gonna experience it with us lot (dunno if thats good or bad for you!)

I keep having disney dreams really sad i know! - my latest is that they decide to make our experiences into an mtv reality show. Kind of like the Real World! In my dream they recorded the interviews from several countries showed where we were from, and our arrival and the whole year experience and how it changed us and stuff. I kindof woke up just as the show had become a big success - except we got no money cos of that thing we signed at the interview giving disney rights to any video/photos of us!!!

xxx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha thats cool marie. i keep havin dream as well, like bein with my roommates, not as excitin as urs mind! and meetin nice hunky men 2 haha

xxx

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

this is so pathetic but last night i had a dream that adam brody walked into the uk pavillion!

Thats SO coz you lot were talking about finding him and breaing him and rachel bilson up!

xx

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol well i hope that dream of him coming to Uk pavillion comes true! Think my jaw would drop and we'd have to make sure he met mIchelle...

xxx

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

id jump on him and get ben mckenzie's cell number then drag him by the scruff of the neck to wherever michelle's working!

xx

13. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Thats so funny!!!

Thanks guys!! At leats now i know if adam does turn up then theres no wya hes gonna avoid meeting me!!! ;) :D

14. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

strange strange dream though eh!

ive got my interview tomorrow for a credit card (for use in emergencies next year!). getting organised now...excitment :eek: lol!

xx

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha linz, i been thinkin bout the cred card, but i have my debit card which i get £1500 free overdraft on, so i should b ok.

haha @ your dream, i keep havin very random disney dreams @ the min!

xxx

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol! Im getting organised too! Im gonna get passport photos this week then next week after my bday i'll arrange to go to glasgow and get it done in a day.
    Marie
    xxx

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

done my passport, did it before xmas, haha, thought it was tempting fate but woo 1 less thing to do! i need to buy some cases before long so i can actually see how much i can fit in!

xxx

18. Marie

Marie Guest

Ive got the cases i took away for the yr last time! Doubt it'll be any easier to pack for a year this time.

yeah i really want to get this passport sorted. Im gonna do the one day thing - cos i dont wanna send off my old passport - as Us embassy want to see old passports or it can delay ur visa - so dont wanna take risk of postman losing it. Tho knowing my luck Glasgow passport office will lose it in a day! Also it means i can send Jason the copies quicker. I told him on the phone last year id do it around jan - so at least feb is still plenty of time.

xxx

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i did my passport 3 days before my interview...little miss organised! so thats done. credit card tomorrow, sent off the checklist thing to florida that i got in my pack(you'll get that soon marie n sara!) and my background...so i think that leaves insurance...but i cant afford that yet!lol!

xxx

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Whats the checklist thing about?
    think im gonna spend an hr a week getting organised. This week passport photos!
    xxx