Which buildings are which?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Tink**, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I really don't like the idea that they had them for cast members.
    They really seem like they should be for guests who choose to be there.

2. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

The Tree Houses were for guests originally but at some point they were closed and nobody stayed there. Then they opened them up again a few years ago to use them for some Cast Members since they were having housing issues and had very little room to put people when they came for their programs.

3. gayle_01

gayle_01 New Member

does anyone know how the rooms are decided is it like 1st come basis for the 1 and 2 units or is it all done in advanced like disney picks ur roomsmate before we get there ?
    xx

4. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

it's all done in advance
    they assign you your room waaaay before you get there...

5. gayle_01

gayle_01 New Member

oo kl thanks, it says on the offical website

" Participants will be able to indicate their apartment preferences when they check in on their arrival day. We will try to place everyone in their preferred choice of apartment. However, if there aren't any apartments of that size available, they will be placed in one of the remaining apartments."

Which made me confused but that would be mayhem if they didnt prearrange i suppose x

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

that info is correct for the american programs, but unfortunately not for the internationals! :'(

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

but if you're not happy with your assigned apt. just let them know right away, and they MIGHT do something..

8. aschauervroni

aschauervroni New Member

hey i #ve heard that there will be a newcomplex . do you know anything baout taht? or it is the so called "patterson" maybe s.o know.... thanks

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

patterson court is a new one, yes..
    I also heard they were gonna build a new one between the commons and carrabas,
    don't know if we're talking about the same one though

10. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Hey so wait Im a bit confused about room assignments...
    Im on the ICP program coming from canada... some people in this facebook group im in are saying if they check in at the same time theyll maybe be able to room together... is this true??
    I just figured theyd assign everyone before you got there based on work placement/country and so on... at least thats what they said at our interview...

11. MegD

MegD New Member

A few people arriving at the same time last year were placed together - but it was all decided beforehand, they had envelopes with our names and apartment numbers already on them. You are supposed to email them and tell them what time you're arriving though, so maybe they put some together like that? I think it's more the americans that have a bit of flexibility where they're going to live. I don't think it was based on work placement, we had two lifeguards, two merch, one attractions and one F&B in our apt...