Who has applied?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Freckles

Freckles Guest

EDIT: it was the same post as the last one, computer went nuts and i ended up posting tiwce..sorry.

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Thanks - it is marginally better today so I can actually sit up - but the work is so hard and boring I wish I hadn't bothered!
    I can't believe it's been since the 3rd - today is 1 month exactly till my birthday! When you think, it is a really long time, but really I've been taking the waiting one day at a time, so it has merged into a long period of waiting!
    I hope they won't keep us waiting this long after the F2F - it might actually kill me!
    I'm going away this weekend tho, so hopefully it will either take my mind off it, or we will have heard!
    I reckon maybe this Friday.... (I have a good feeling about Friday!) ... all the other emails came on Fridays! ;)
    It is really distracting tho when you're trying to work, and this keeps popping into your head! Thank god for this site tho, so we know we're not alone!

I reckon if the liverpool ones are on the 10th/11th, then the birmingham ones would be around then, would make more sense than them travelling back and forth across the country - maybe the end of that week or the start of the next? just guessing tho!
    If the interviews are on the 10th/1th tho, we should hear soon! :D
    xx

PS - sorry for the randomly long post, I'm on a break from working!
    xx

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ive now found i can do the tenth, i miss one lecture on tim etchells but my mate has agreed to take my dictaphone to record the lecture and get any extracts we are given. i feel a lot better about missing one lecture rather than two. the eleventh is out of the question as we are performing in december.

I think this friday as well. fingers crossed we are right!

im glad you can move more. backs are one of the worse things to injure. though as i found out..throats can be worse lol.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am actually going crazy now, and i cannot do any work/studying for thinking about other things.

5. Janey

Janey New Member

Hey everyone, I'm new at the forum and probably the only one from Finland. I just sent my application to the International Services today and my waiting game begun. The deadline of applications here is the 15th december so I at least 3 weeks. This program was announced in the web site of the Ministry of labour so I know there's only 15 places for us.

I really, really want to get in! I've worked in Disneyland Paris and ever since the first time I've wanted to experience being a Cast Member in the US. So keep your fingers crossed. ;) Reading your experiences of the phone and f2f interviews has helped a great deal so thanks in advance! :)

6. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Hey Janey :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your application!! Have you applied for the ICP summer programme or a longer one?!

What did you do in DLRP?! am very jealous hehe!

7. Janey

Janey New Member

Thanks Ginabelle. :) I've applied for ICP and I'd be starting in July '09 as our start dates are in April or July and I'm not quite sure I'll be able to finish all my uni courses and my bachelor's thesis before April.

The first time around in 2003 I worked at breakfasts of Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay Club, in 2006 I worked in ODF which basically means the ice cream and pop corn carts and this year I worked in a shop of New York.

8. ariella

ariella New Member

Janey-Welcome to the boards! That's so awesome you worked at Disneyland Paris, that must have been so much fun! Good luck with your application, you will have to keep us updated!

9. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Ooooo so if yours starts in July, when does it finish?!

You're lucky to work in DLRP, over here DLRP holds a lot of auditions etc in london, so if i really like disney i may apply for one of those. I find WDW to be a lot more friendly than DLRP (however, i have only been once at xmas). Have you ever been to WDW?!

10. Janey

Janey New Member

Thank you :) It's so nice to be here, everyone's SO friendly. And I'll definately keep you posted. :D

I'm applying for the 6 month program. :) So I'd be going home in January 2010. (Christ, that sounds a bit.. scary :D) I haven't been to WDW but it's easy to believe that it is friendlier over there. Americans have.. well, let just saydifferent approach to things than the French do. :-X But all the British people have been sooo nice and I have good friends from my DLRP times, so don't regret them at all. :)

11. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

Haha, I know a lot of people who would beg to differ, but I think it depends on where you are. I know WDW is surrounded by the nicest people, but I've heard that everyone in DL in California are kind of snobs! Not that I wouldn't love to visit (and work for) the Walt Disney's original kingdom! I've been to California before but we didn't get a chance to drop by DL. I was so bumbed!

12. Janey

Janey New Member

Wow, amazingly quick response from International Services. :eek: I got an e-mail saying that they'll contact me later for the departures in July. So basically didn't give any specific information but at least I know they've received my application. :) Oh, the waiting is sooooo unbearable.

13. Ginnita

Ginnita New Member

Hello everyone!!! ;D ;D ;D
    this forum is new for me too... ;D im from Mexico.. and I sent last week my CV and motivational letter !!! .. but haven't got any response yet.. :-\. I am applying for 2009 Summer ICP. Is someone applying for that program too?? Im soo excited although the program is until may!!! hopeee they get back to me soon!!!

Hello Janey! ;D , I saw in your last post that you receive a very quick response from International Programs (lucky you!!! :D) who do you send your email to?

Thank youuu!!! ;D

14. Janey

Janey New Member

Hey and welcome! :) I sent my email to a French company that takes care of our recruiting and interviews so not straight from Disney, unfortunately. :D I'm sure the company that takes care of the stuff over there will contact you shortly. Good luck with you're application process!! :)

15. ariella

ariella New Member

Ginnita-Welcome to the boards :). There are quite a few of us who are applying for the summer ICP program. I hope you hear back soon from your recruiter, we have Yummy Jobs here in Canada and their pretty fast.

Janey-Well it's good to know they got your application. I know I was so paranoid mine didn't send properly. Ya, the waiting is torture! I found out I made it to the face 2 face rounds in September but have to wait until late January/early February for my interview so I'm going crazy waiting!

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

EDIT: the post made no sense.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im totally paranoid the now! I hope we find out soon or not, i dont know :-[ :-[

18. Janey

Janey New Member

Yeah, I can imagine!! We had two departure options, April and July so my guess is they'll handle those who've told they could leave in April first so I'm totally clueless when my (possible) interviews would be...

It's all just so nerve wrecking because I want this so much but don't want to get my hopes too high up. At the same time all my friends keep telling me they're 100% sure I'll get in.. I truly want to believe (and I do know) I have quite a good chance at getting in but still... Aaaaargh!!! :D :D :D It's good that I can come here where everyone's at least been in a sam situation. :)

19. Ginnita

Ginnita New Member

Thank you very much Ariella!! Im so glad i found this forum!! ;D people is just soo nice and kind!!!! I hope they reply me this week. :D Some friends who already applied have told me that Mexico's process is usually long :-\. but my response has to come sometime ;)

Thank you too Janey!!! I hope they contact me shortly too! ;D are you applying to summer ICP??? :D

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Welcome ginnita and Janey.

I have applied to the 2009 Summer ICP and i have had my interview, just waiting for the outcome now. All the best for applying! xx