Who is travelling afterwards

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Jan 25, 2005.

1. feeona

feeona New Member

Ive taken up on the offer by yummy jobs to stay in the states for a few weeks and come home later. I want to travel but not sure where yet. I would definately like to see new york and california. I will look into it! Is anybody else going to travel and if so where are u going?

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i don't know where im travelling but i know i will be!there's so much a wanna c but also because there's trips throughout the year its hard to know where i won't have already been. so i'll c nearer the time.

xxx

3. Marie

Marie Guest

as u guys prob know i cant wait to travel too. Ive travelled across america b4 but i loved what i saw so dont mind seeing it again and hopefully i'll get to go to some new places too :) Like Lindsey said it will depend where ive been during the yr. I dont really mind where i go at the end i just love the states - see where everyone wants to go! Tho Orlando will be a new place for me for starters - ive been to florida b4 but only miami and fort lauderdale so really wanna explore the sunshine state during the yr!

Marie xxx

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

wanna do the dolphin swim, and you can go out on a boat on some beach in florida and it has the 3rd largest reef in the world...wanna do that too.it was on the travel channel yest and looked good.
    wanna go back to NY but i get the impression you can do that through the year.
    LA, San francisco, would like to go to Atlanta again, have family there. you can go on a tour of the CNN studios. done it 2ce and still doesnt get old!!

xx

5. Marie

Marie Guest

I gotta go back to NYC see friends will prob do it during the yr tho.
    Never seen Atlanta - always wanted to. I did the NBC studio tour in NYC a few weeks ago that was fun. Theyve got a CNN one in NYC too but havent been yet.
    I want to go back to Cali and Arizona at some point and as for florida i wanna do everything i can - its not every yr u get to live in florida!
    Marie xxx

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

very well said marie! yeah we'll travel the country girl...thelma and louise style...without the headscarves!i have dignity!

xx

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol! Im excited already :)

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha me too! i cant wait! it gonna be amazing!

xx

9. Rudy

Rudy New Member

go to niagara falls - amazing!!!
    the grand canyon is supposed to be good too, but we encounted a blizzard whilst there and couldn't see anything! typical!

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

ive been to crand canyon. took an airplane over it.was amazing!would love to go back!

Niagra falls...mm that seems a very good idea rudy. hadnt thought of that. sounds like a plan!

xx

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Ive been to Grand Canyon too - it really lived up to the hype. Wow! i just loved it and Arizona too. Think i wanna see Monument valley next time im in Arizona!

Ive not been to Niagara Falls (hang head in shame!) its strange ive been to Grand Canyon several thousand miles away from upstate ny but i was only maybe 5 hrs from Niagara. They ran a day trip to it at my college but id already booked to go to see a broadway show in nyc that day. Still i think they only took them to the new York state side not the Canada side. Must add Niagara to must sees!

xxx

12. Doc

Doc New Member

Hiya

You have to take advantage of your year! Make sure you book your time off early - get in there first - otherwise you'll miss out! New York is brilliant - I'd highly recommend that! Las Vegas too, go there! Combine that with a trip to the Grand Canyon - that is a sight to be seen. Also, I'd advise you to hire cars a lot, and explore Florida. It's a cool place! We drove to Georgia too - road trips are good - get a nice car and go for it! For $300 a day we had a Mustang convertable and cruised to Miami - that was class! With your Disney ID hire cars from Avis at a corporate rate - although their management did change recently and their service went a bit down hill! Having said that - there's tonnes of other car hire companies fighting for your business. Places to go, that I missed out on I reckon are Washington DC, California and Canada to name only three! There's seriously sooo much to do though! From sight seeing in NYC to snowball fighting in Colorado Springs we did it all! Book time off early, and make sure you don't miss out either! I'm jealous of ya'll - wish I was going again! The work's a bit pants from time to time - but it's true that the good times outweigh the bad! Enjoy yourselves!! ;)

Tom (Doc)

UK F&B Sept 03 - Sept 04

13. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

How have u been?
    Hey I have never been to the Grand Cayon nor Niagara Falls.
    But hey I will surely love to go to New York for a week,
    maybe California for a weekend, or so.
    And I will surely go to Boston , as I have relatives there  ::)

I am sure we are able to go an travel around,
    Hey they told me at the interview that u had 30 days after the finish of ur contract to travel for a bit.

Hope u r all good
    See ya
    Robb  ;D

14. Rudy

Rudy New Member

just to add! if you show your disney ID to avis they let you hire cars if you're under 21, some companies don't let you hire unless you are 21 or 25.
    i hired a vw beetle from one company! class!!

;D

15. feeona

feeona New Member

I was wondering about that because im 18 will be 19 and have passed my driving test. So would that company let me hire a car? Do i have to take another test while out there?? It would be so cool if i could get a car for a few days to see florida

16. Rudy

Rudy New Member

you can use your u.k driving license to hire cars. i think over 18 is ok for avis, you have to mention you work for disney!!
    you only need to take a test if you want to get a florida driving license and you only need one of these if you want to buy a car!

;D

17. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Doc! Hehe ihave a pic of me in front of the grand canyon just like yours!

Rob - i think we actually have 3 months to travel someone said cos of its a 15 month visa! Unless they cancel it after we finish - not sure how it works! Thats cool u got relatives in Boston its nice there!

I got a question for everyone - where have u all been in the US b4?

I've been to the following places: Binghamton, Syracuse etc - Upstate New York, NYC, Boston, Washington DC, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, San Diego, Flagstaff - Arizona, Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, Kansas City and Chicago...

xxx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thanks for that rudy, thats very interestin. :)

xxx

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

well i've been to buffalo/east amhurst (ny state), boston, newark, most cities in florida : miami, ft lauderdale, west palm beach, port st lucie, daytona, cape canaveral, key west, key largo, islamoranda, florida city, sarasota, longboat key, naples, marco island, sanibel island, clearwater, st pete's and tampa and of course orlando. lol

xxx

20. Rudy

Rudy New Member

cape cod, boston, new york city, philadelphia, baltimore, seattle, bellingham WA, orlando, st petersberg, key west, miami, chicago, raleigh NC, niagara falls, buffalo NY, bahamas, las vegas, grand canyon, san francisco....