Why are you doing the program?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by iHEARTflorida, Jun 3, 2009.

1. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Hey,

I applied in Jan this year, and didn't even get through to the phone interviews....gutted

Anyways I was wanting to know;

• Why do you want to do the program
    • What previous experience did you have to do the program? Did you work in a restaurant or a shop? Have a qualification in either hospitality and/or travel?
    • Do/are you interested in a career in hospitality and/or travel?

Looking forward to your responses.

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

1. Because I've been wanting to work in Disneyworld for as long as I can remember! And possible networking this time.

2. Performance experience - instrumental playing, at music college etc

3. No. But I am interested in a career in entertainment and The Disney Company is one fat entertainment mill!

3. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

1. Because Disney has been in my life as long as I can remember and this is an amazing opportunity. I'm getting nowhere with my current job so I wanted to do this while I was young and also to see if it opened up any other opportunites along the way.

2. My experience mainly came from working at my local cinema. That counts as food and beverage :D I've been there for 3 years now and have a lot of leadership/training experience so that probably helped a lot.

3. To be honest, I'm very open-minded about what might come up in the future. Whatever happens, happens and if I love what I'm doing then that's what I'm gonna do :)

Good question by the way!!

4. torham

torham New Member

1. I've heard it's a great experience from people who have been there before. I was looking for a way to get working experience from outside Norway, and Disney seemed like the best place to get that, and to get great friends and a experience that lasts you a life time.

2. I worked for a large hotel for 4 years. Everything from dish washer to waiter.

3. I really dont know what I want to do with my life, but if I find something I love I bet you I would stick with it!

5. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

1. Because i am a massiveDisney fan and working in DisneyWorld is something I have always wanted to do, plus one of my friends did the programme last year and she loved every minute of it :D.

2. I have been working in BHS restaurant for the past 7 years on weekends and full time during holidays whilst going through college, uni etc... so gained a lot of skills which helped me in getting the F+B position 8)

3. Am open to whatever comes my way after finishing Uni, this is a chance for me to experience living in the USA, making new friends and anything after that is a brucie bonus :)

6. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'll be honest and say i have only wanted to do the program since maybe January last year. I went to Disney in 2006 and spoke to someone doing the program. Had a quick chat with her and she said what a great opportunity. when i went again in 2007 i said to my mate 'I'd love to do this program but maybe one day in many years time'. Stewed on it for maybe a year and then decided i wanted to go for it.

1. I have a great Love for Disney and would be honored to work for the company and hope that it will allow me to move to go equally big things in the future.

2. 6 years working in a French restaurant. Started at the bottom as a pot wash and worked myself up eventually. Only left school with a few GCSE's but hope this opportunity will help me make up for that.

3. It can be a fun area to work in but i don't think i can answer till after the Program for Disney as to whether i want to pursue it or whether i should look into other areas

7. bongallina

bongallina New Member

honestly, i looked at england - cold rain restrictions boring
    and then looked at florida- sun hot fun freedom
    xx

8. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Uh yeah I change my answer to that haha

9. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Ha ha ha exactly the same here!

I applied for this job the day I found out about it. It was very spur of the moment, the whole thing looked amazing! Also, I've always wanted to go to a Disney park, but my family could never take me when I was little (I feel kinda guilty cos I used to nag soooo much, every time I watched a Disney video... which was a LOT lol!) So finally my dreams are coming true in a biiiiig way! Um other than that - when I applied I'd just finished uni; I didn't/don't want to settle down yet, I want to see the world, and this is where I'm starting! Got a lot of ideas/plans knocking around in my otherwise vacant mind for after Disney lol.

Experience... with f&b I have worked in Pizza Hut and a cafe, and I also had a lot of retail experience (a supermarket and Woolies). I think the diversity of my experience did a lot for me. I've done all sorts of customer service and also uni etc., so it showed my adaptability I guess :)

3. I wouldn't mind doing something in that area in the short term, as a way to see the world, but I want to make my career in the charity sector... will prob end up as a teacher tho lol

10. bongallina

bongallina New Member

haha, thought honesty was the best policy, i meen disney is amazing, but im not one of them people who goes because i LOVE disney and everything about it, i meen yeah i like it, but it was mainly a way to work abroad for a while, new experience type thing, i have taken a job if some1 else had offered it aswell
    xx

11. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I think its good that way. I mean that you love Disney, but its not like everything to you, because all hobbies and interests have got to be balanced I think

12. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Reading these forums has made me panic a little as I'm nothing like as Disney obsessed as some are on here. But you give me hope, you've got a place for all the right reasons, imo. Phew, I do have a chance after all!!

Now onto the original questions:
    1. I've been to Disney in Paris once, and at the time I dreamed of getting back stage to see how the magic is made. That and Disney is a big enough company that it's know all over the world, it would be a great opportunity, and would look fantastic on my CV. I've also always wanted to visit America (I've never left Europe). Oh yea, and I'm fed up of drifting and I need something to kick-start my life again!
    2. Been working as a Waitress since October 08, along with bar work in the restaurant. Also got alot of performing arts skills (music and dancing) from hobbies since I was tiny.
    3. As said, I'm drifting. Don't know what I want to do, or in what. I'm happy where I am, but I'm not happy with where I'm going, and I want to change that!

And yea... England. Rain. Muggy weather. Forget that... I want the fresh clear heat of Florida! :D

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I don't know about 'fresh clear heat', can get very humid!! Those nice big thunderstorms tend to clear things up a little ;)

14. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Is anyone else going to get into other parts of the Disney company when they finish the program?

I've heard that they plan to start a Cruise from Dover which i'd want to do. Not sure if i have what it takes to learn French and go to the Paris one.

I certainly want to stay with the company and make a career out of it

15. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

I'd love to, but I don't really think its possible is it..Pretty sure the cruise line is the only method..

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

You could keep an eye out for what's going on in the London offices? Personally I don't see Disney as a career atm, but who knows where life will lead : )

17. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I guess if i want it enough, i'll go with the Paris one as it's not far from Home either. I know a little French ;D

18. Damon

Damon New Member

If it wasn't for the visa issues I think I would love to work for Disney in the states full time but not as a park opp. Would want to put my education to use! The offices in Hammersmith employ hundreds of people here in the UK across many divisions of the company so there are opportunities for employment here in the UK and of course you get those Disney benefits too, even if the weather isn't as good.

In response to the question I am doing the CRP purely and simply because I enjoy working for Disney.