WICKED!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeautifulBelle, May 10, 2009.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

To everything above, all I have to say is...

That's wicked!!!

(Pun intended of course!) ;)

2. MY DAD HAS BOOKED TICKETS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I saw it for the first time last night in London. It was my first ever West End musical (or any real musical, unless you count a video or my sister's school musical!!! ;D) and it was
    AMAZING!!!!
    I got tears in my eyes when she sang "Defying Gravity"!!!

4. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

OH MY GOD IT WAS INCREDIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    alexia is A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i *personally* think better than kerry! so much nicer to have a black woman singing it, her voice was so stunning!
    i sobbed like a baby when she sung defying gravity, tears pouring down your face, i kid you not!!! :D

5. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I reserve judgement about her being better than Kerry but spose I can't really judge until I see her. It is nice to have a black Elphy, brings a different light to the role. As long as she has the ability to be funny in Popular and serious and scary in NGD and DG then I will be happy. Did you go to stage door afterwards? I am going to a matinee so going to try catching them before around 12:30 or so!!!!!!!!1 Oh man you have made me so much more excited than I am already!

6. BeautifulBelle

naa i didn't. i was with my mami (;)) soo it woulda been slightly embarassing! she was everything, so so so incredibly amazing. she was able to act really nerdy for the beginning which was cute and then a bit weirded out my galinda in popular and then BRILLIANTLY scary and serious in defying gravity and no good deed. her voice is soo powerful, you can hear that even in defying gravity it's a total breeze for her as she can go unbelievably high and low with so much power and volume. i think that's why i was streaming with tears, so overwhelmed at her voice! and dianne, of course, is bloody hilarious and THE perfect glinda.

7. oOo she sounds amazing, though Kerry will always be my Elphy :) She's just so effortless in DG and NGD.
    I am going with my parents but I don't care lol, they can wait round front whilst the rest of us wonder around trying to find the darn door.
    Can't beat Dianne, no better G(a)linda in my opinion and its who I am desperate to meet at Stage Door, love her so much!!! Her improv is amazingly funny. I wouldn't be able to go up on that stage and dance around like an idiot during popular ... though she does manage to do it gracefully. She's so teeny as well, smaller than Kerry and Kerry is only 5.4 or something.

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Omigod I saw Wicked last night, it's so so so AMAZING, I love Alexia soooooooo much!!! She's so funny in 'What is this feeling?', and her voice is incredible!!! Wanna go again!!

9. hmm i'm retaining judgment until I see how she and Dianne work together. I love Kerry and have very high expectations of some of the songs as a result. ;)

10. Karritada

Karritada New Member

i looove wicked! i saw it the other month with kerry ellis (it was my boyfriends mums birthday and for her birthday treat they took the whole family too see wicked and hairspray) its just so good. everytime i see it im crying all the way through the interval ::) defying gravity just gets me every time :D

11. It's my favourite musical of all time. It's just awesome, and I have just come to the conclusion that I really want Elphaba's dress from Act 2. It's so pretty and sparkly :) Perfect for halloween at MK

12. BeautifulBelle

didn't idina say at one point when she had that massive injury incident and so in hospital the nurses didnt cut her dress off her because it was worth 20,000 bucks or something!?

13. it wouldn't surprise me. It has so many layers its rediculous. I read that it weighs like 30 pounds or something though that is nothing compared to the bubble dress which is meant to weigh nearer 100 pounds (eek!) I just love it so much. I didn't notice all the colours in it until I looked at pictures after the performance. So much work has gone into it. Wonder if they make a new one for each Elphie or just alter it each time.

14. BeautifulBelle

definitely NOT! would most likely alter it to fit the new elphie, they are all pretty similar, it's not like we have a plus sized elphie you know! it would be pretty easy to alter it, just a matter of re doing the length if need be, and nipping in the waist. but alexia is quite curvy i would imagine so after kerry it would probably be in need of loosening out in some parts :p

15. Lol imagine a plus sized Elphaba, none of them can be more than a UK size 10 if that!! I know Idina kept hers as supposedly you can see it if you do some tour thing. I can imagine anyone being curvier than Kerry there isn't exactly much on her. Its why she always surprised me when she belted out those notes. Such a teeny weeny person but an amazingly powerful voice.

Well I can dream, I'll get my hands on one somehow, even if I have to get it made for me. There's no way the real ones would fit me anyway. Would have to lop off half my leg and find a way to survive without breathing :p

16. BeautifulBelle

Ermmm i just saw a clip of wicked and it had this massive witches hat moving across the stage... when i went to see it this never happened in it! what is itt????

17. That never happened when I went either. What part in the show was it at?