Wireless/Mobile Operators

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by KC, Dec 11, 2005.

1. KC

KC Guest

Ooh. Hello extra benefit! :D

K

2. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Any of you who know me will know that i have a bit of a texting obession...i run up dreadful bills!

J.
    xx

3. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise New Member

hehe :)...yeah I can vouch for that James ;)

I'm not too bad with texting, but have just switched to pay as you go coz I couldn't afford my contract anymore :( So now I have to watch the pennies.

I think that once you get into a routine you might not text as often as you would think. Also not sure but I think I read somewhere one here that the apartments have phones that you can use to call others on (bit like my extension lines within the rooms of my halls)? Or maybe not! (read so much on here it's hard to keep up) ;)

4. hackettboi

hackettboi Guest

Yeah I remember someone posting that too. FREE LOCAL CALLS, apart from some numbers in Kissimee or somewhere. Excellent! I think a personal directory will be needed I guess to remember everyone's APT numbers.

Oh, and YES JAMES - His phone bills can be somewhat MASSIVE. hehe.

Incidentally people... I have a Mobile for sale for the Florida area if anyone's got a PAYPAL account online and is interested...

Ofcourse, it comes complete with a U.S Mains Charger, Manual, Quick Reference Guide and of course the sexy sleek silver flip phone. (On the local Virgin network - excellent strength signal) Nothing wrong with it, I just have two, so I'll be keeping one.

If you are interested, just drop me a line or two to my private box and kindly make me an offer. Taa!

Hakuna Matata!

5. disney_spice

disney_spice Member

think i read on tmobile (america) website that txts to international countries are $0.15 - not bad i thought!

and if they dnt sell jst sim card i cant imagine its too expensive to get the crappiest phone and jst swap sim over!!

6. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Operators didn't appear to sell SIM Cards direct themselves, but there are loads of PAYG SIM Cards on ebay. I got one for my three months and it worked fine in my SIM-Unlocked Tri-Band phone.

7. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

So the Virgin (Sprint) network is good in the Commons and WDW?

Looks like they've got a decent phone for $30 US

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/catalog/phoneDetail.do?skuId=VMK7LE

Is this a good way to go? I plan on using it for the 3 month summer program and then selling it to someone down there or just giving it away maybe...