Would it help to work at a Disney store?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Canuckliz, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering if anyone thought it would help for me to take any particular courses, (community college etc) if i can before my interview so I can say i am currently taking ....blah blah blah, When i talk to the disney rep in person.? or if it would help for me to try to get a job working at my local disney store?

Just one of the many ideas spinning through my mind as I get ready for march! It seems so far away and yet it really isnt!

Thanks, Liz :D

2. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I don't necessarily think that working at the Disney Store would help any. I applied a few years ago and I was working at the Disney Store and didn't get accepted. However, I applied again last August and was still working at the Disney Store. I really think it has more to do with your personality more than anything. I was offered a position in F&B and I have absolutely no experience at all. You just want to make sure that you show your personality in your interview and you show excitement about Canada.

On a side note about the Disney Store.... it isn't even part of the Walt Disney Company anymore. It is owned by The Children's Place.

Bottom line.... relax!

Sandra :)

3. Lady

Lady New Member

I totally agree with what Sandra said. In the interview, my work experience only briefly came up. It's really all about your personality, not how you look on paper. Good Luck!

Chelsea

Sandra--can you believe it's been over 3 months already since we were in that position??

4. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

haha

make sure you explain what hockey IS.

lol oooh wdw interviews.
    Jossy

5. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

How can people possibly not know what that is?!!

Stupid NHL and their dumb strike its like my town has gone off the deep end! Me I dont really care that much but hmm if you think its a good idea......im sure I can be entertaining also I have gone to winterlude lots, and the tulip festival etc.!

6. Lady

Lady New Member

I truly believe that Julie was just playing dumb with the whole NHL thing, everyone talked about it to her and each time she made it seem as it was new to her!! Meh, it worked for us!