would you add pictures to your cover letter?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by flashinghelmet, Apr 18, 2007.

1. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

or is it a bit too unprofessional?

2. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

I just attached another page to my cover letter with a picture of myself and Goofy on it.
    Kind of to show them in advance that I have the "Disney look" and an interest in Disney.

3. Linz

Linz New Member

Go for it! they will ask you to bring one anyway if you get a f2f interview.

4. kat02141984

kat02141984 Guest

They cant ask you to bring a picture with your CV to the f2f, its illegal to ask for one in america. From my knowledge, no one sends pictures with their CVS in america ???

5. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I wouldn't

6. rachet

rachet New Member

do you mean like disney themed pictures on your cv to yummy jobs? i'd say yeah, go for it, it'll make you stand out a bit!

7. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

i didnt bother doing anything like that and i didnt see anyone at my interview who had anything like that or who mentioned it. Its up to you,but i wouldnt think that they will be looking for it.

8. flashinghelmet

its just that i mention charity work and dressing in some rather odd costumes, on my cover letter. and as ive heard peopel say theyve added pics before, i thought it would be cool to add one of me in my caterpillar costume lol

9. linsey

linsey New Member

all i did was jazz up my cv with a pic of mickey and some mickey ears, but nothing of myself etc as they need to be careful over equal opportunities and stuff.

10. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

yeah I swear I read somewhere that you shouldn't ever put a photo of yourself on a CV/ cover letter because they could unintentionally be prejudice... that and revealing any possible political leanings were apparently they big two no-nos... that said, I get the feeling that Yummy probably aren't going to judge based on what you look like, but you know :p Anyway, I doubt adding a photo will have either a negative or positive effect on your chances really, but I'm not a Yummy Jobs recruiter so God knows!

11. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

International Services asks to attach a picture to your cv

12. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

i was just going to say,if you apply for a job in any hotel (4 or 5 stars mostly) they will usually ask you to attach a photo with your application.....esp if your front of house

13. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Heh, god knows where I read that then... prolly getting confused

14. Emi

Emi New Member

I put a little Mickey head on my CV and cover letter but that was it.

I read people on here put poems and stuff on their cover letters. I wouldn't have gone to that extent...

15. flashinghelmet

cheers guys!

i sent my coverletter off before id read most of the replies, but i added it as a seperate attachment and mentioned it in the email, so i guess it was up to her to open it if she wanted to. :)

*here's hoping!*