Year Programme

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Harrybo, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Harrybo

    Harrybo New Member


    I have just recently completed the summer college program and what fun i had!

    I want to apply for the year programme in 2 years when i finish uni... i was just wondering if i was accepted, would i have to work at epcot at the uk pavilion?? i had so much fun working at mgm as a custodial showkeeper! i want to do it again! lol!


  2. Tinkerbell

    Tinkerbell New Member

    BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

    well HArry,that sounds brilliant,although I am unsure wether you can do that...but seriously...extra hours...i mean...yeah thats what its called...extra can pick up shifts..and you know they always need people :p .......

    still do the yr would be working at Uk Pavillion,,,,but xtra time you could alway go to mgm....
    yeah i was thinking about the same i much loved mgm.......

    and Im wondering wether you can be a custodial cast member if working in epcot..i dunno..Just wait to seee what others
    I keep changing my mind..on what i wanna do after uni....first was maybe go straight into careeer...then travelling (of course :p).....or apply for IP......or Internship...hmmmmm....too many choices....all I I don't want to be in the Uk...

    I am seriously considering HAwaii...... :p ;D....Im actually checking out internships...I dont care if i have two years to go ::) 8) ;D ;D......

    cheeerrio fella...good luck.

  3. Megara

    Megara New Member

    I think that if you do the year programme you have to work in your country's pavillion and no where else... If you read through the programme out lines on the main site it says:- The majority of participants in the WDWIP are in the Cultural Representative Program. You work in your country's pavilion, in Food and Beverage, Attractions, or Merchandise. Participants can only work in their national pavilion during their contract - no masquerading as a Norwegian or picking up OT in the UK!

    I think it is to do with the the type of visa, though I may be wrong...
  4. Harrybo

    Harrybo New Member

    ok cheers!
  5. shannybanany

    shannybanany New Member

    The ONLY place you can work is in the pavilions because of your VISA. Sometimes, for special events and stuff, they'll take you to other places (eg. American Gardens Theatre to do crowd control when they have shows during like Food & Wine or Flower and Garden), but that's about it...and they've even tightened up on them doing that. Sadly, you can't pick-up OT areas in other parks or even areas of EPCOT, and in the UK pavilion you'd have to do either F&B or Merch.

    Sorry! But it's still loads of fun!
  6. tiggercharlotte

    tiggercharlotte New Member

    Shans right- I've just done Crowd control at Am Gardens for food and wine but had to be in my countrys costume and everything. Apart from that you'd have to work at your own pavilion.
    Charlotte x

Share This Page