Yellow Card Arrival

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Marie, Nov 24, 2004.

1. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha yeah we r, i think its official, we've lost it!!

2. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Thanks a lot Tinks. We are a bit crazy (I use 'bit' loosely of course) ;) ;D.
    Were you gonna mention Marmite Sara?  ;D

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha dan. u knew it, i forgot 2 tell u, julie asked me to describe marmite in my interview, i seriously almost wet myself!!

4. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Oh my god, how could you forget that! That is hilarious. I def would have wet myself, ha ha  ;D. Julie asked me to describe Sticky Toffee Pudding and I started by saying 'well it's a moist sponge....'. She started laughing, as in America, they don't call it sponge. She said an American would think it was the kind you wash with, lol  ;D

5. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hey, just 5 days till I re-apply Its getting close!!!  Hopefully I'll be joining you guys!

6. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I dont think I'd be able to describe either of those!! Oh NO!! ???

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Aww good luck with reapplying although i'm sure u wont need it ;)

haha dan i know i cant believe i forgot to tell u, i was like erm,, its like a savoury spread, all i could c was the look on ur face wen u were crackin up in lloyds the night before haha

8. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Oh, good luck Tinks  ;D. You'll be fine. I never knew how to describe Sticky toffee pudding, but in that situation, you just know what to say I suppose. It just kinda rolled off my tongue  :p

9. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

It was embarassing in Lloyds. I just couldn't stop laughing. It happens to me sometimes. Sorry you had to witness it ;D

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha aww dan dont worry it was seriously one of the funniest moments ever!!

i just looked on the stats, im in 5th with most time spent online! and in the top 10 topics on the site we have 3, this one, and so we wait & the 12th november one haha. i think we r a bit obsessed dan if i do say so myself!

11. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Believe me, it's beyond obsession ;D. I'm gonna toodle off now and let someone else have the computer. Speak soon xx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Alrite, i think i might as well as the newcastle match has just started and as i support them i'll go watch and take a break from uni assignments and this website, haha.

yeah i think you're right as well there!!

Speak to you soon, no doubt tomorrow as i'll be around!

Sara xx

13. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

My goodness you guys are loopy ;D! Have you any idea how many new posts are on this thread since I last checked about 2.30!!! Lol, it's about 4 pages if you're wondering! ;) I bet your all really excited now- only 5 days til I can reapply now- I'm getting nervous already! :-[
    Charlotte x

14. Tinks

Tinks New Member

AWWW

Thanks you guys, all your support means loads to me!!   ;D ;D

Kerry

15. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Me too Charlotte!!

Im sure you'll do great!! the time has passed so quick from that rejection letter in April! I can't believe that was more than 6 months ago!!

Kerry

16. tiggercharlotte

I know! I can't believe we can both apply again next week! ;D Fingers crossed for both of us ;D- and for everyone waiting for "the call" :D
    Charlotte x

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Haha charlotte i'm not surprised we were a bit mad yesterday

Good luck to both you and kerry with reapplying although i'm sure u won't need it!!

This is wait is terrible, although when/if i get the phone call i'm going to be shakin like a leaf

18. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Sorry, guys...the ankle grabbing-ness obviously didn't work....but you went on for AGES after I'd gone...you didn't need me!! :D haha!! (I watched Cold Mountain instead...beautiful film! :D)

I keep wondering what random marmite/sticky toffee pudding questions there might be at the feb interviews....I want to say something about how hard it is to ask for water in america...2 people I know who've been there have had to change their accents when they ask for it so that they can be understood!! hehe!

Charlotte and Kerry....SENDING ALL MY BEST WISHES AND LOVE for your re-application!! Hope you're with me in Feb!! :D (us original 3!)

Ellen xxxx :D

19. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Thanks again!!

Re-writing my letter and CV this weekend, ahhhhh, its getting closer!!

Hows yours coming along Charlotte?

20. tiggercharlotte

It's getting there- at least the cv is, the cover letter is only one sentence at the moment (it's "please please give me a job".....I'm kidding ;)) I'm just desperately trying to make it so that I at least get a phone interview! :-\ I so much want to be out there later next year 8) Hope it goes well, Kerry :D. And thanks Ellen ;D
    Charlotte x