Yet another "Help! Phone interview coming up!" thread

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Ladybug, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

Yes yes you guessed it, my phone interview is coming up quickly and I'm SO nervous about it. I'm a Canadian applying for the summer program.

I know you've all had enough of this question but.. What kind of questions do they ask? Got any tips for me? Stuff I can do to prepare myself? Ugh I'm so nervous! English ain't my first language, and even though I know it won't happen, I'm scared that I'll be searching for the right words the whole time. Ah well, enough whining from my part :D

2. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

just be yourself and it can sound silly but SMILE! they can feel it in the voice

i apply for the Cultural Representing Program so the questions i guess they will be different... just maybe they ask u about how will u react if a guest its angry, or something like that...

just be yourself and dont forget to smile and u will be fine ;)

Hugs from Mexico

Ely

3. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

hi,dont worry about the phone interview - it really isnt bad! they just ask you some pretty basic,standard questions - i got asked stuff like,my name,age,dob (even tho they knew it all anyway!) the date i would be able to go to florida,how i would deal with an upset guest,and if i had any tattoos etc - its really not bad,i was on the phone for about 4 minutes - it was really that quick! hope it goes ok for you - keep us posted!! xx

4. SMB

SMB New Member

I don't know if they ask the same questions in Canada, but here in England, they asked what traditions we have in England and what it is like where I live, things to do, the culture, things like that :)

5. Hi! I'm applying for the summer program too.
    When is your phone interview? I haven't heard anything yet, other than that the interviews will be in March.
    Where in Canada are you from?

6. Paco Aleman

Paco Aleman New Member

What its your main language then?

7. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

French =)

I'm from a little town about an hour away from Montreal. I take it you're from Cape Breton?

8. Yup, so hopefully I'll be at the interviews in Halifax

9. toorcam

toorcam New Member

Don't worry; You're going to do great! Just as Ely said be yourself and if you are relaxed, everything will flow smooth.

10. ajmacack

ajmacack New Member

Hey... so question about that whole tattoo thing... i have a small one on my ankle.... it can def. be cover up with socks and obvi with pants.... do you think that'll kill my chances?

11. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

no,dont worry about your tattoo - i have one on my ankle aswell,i told my interviwers about it when they asked and they asked to see it.....no big deal,i got in so dont worry!!! There were quite a few people at my interviews who had tattoos - a lot had them in very visable places and they still got in so i wouldnt worry about it at all!!! Good luck!!!

12. vader1

vader1 New Member

I got a e-mail about interviews in march but they got push to april. Should i reapply again or just wait. ???

13. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

well... if you applied for march interviews... their just pushing them back... i wouldnt re-apply... the whole point of this process is being patient lol... thats what kills me lol

14. Yeah waiting is super hard...that extra month until April seems like a really long time. And waiting for the phone interviews sucks too, esp since we don't know when they are! It'll be a while yet I guess. Vader1 if you got an email they should be keeping your resume so no need to reapply :)