Yet another question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZ_Jess, Oct 19, 2010.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I keep asking question.. I know lol!
    Anyways, I'm accepted into a 6 month program and just wondering how you go about extending it to 12 months if you want to while youre there? I heard at the presentation that if there was availability you could extend your time to 12 months, but they didn't say how to.. soo basically just wondering if anyone knows?

Maybe Im getting ahead of myself here haha, i might not even handle 6 months! But I think i might end up wanting to do 12 months so i can give another role a go :)

2. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Hide in a character costume for the rest of your time and they wont know its you!

No seriously, Id contact the people that organise it and check as if you get in early they may put your name on a list or something and youll get 1st chance at staying on????

Just a suggestion.

3. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

this would totally depend on what program it was and if they run it for longer than 6 months, most of the time getting to extend your contract is seen as a privilege and therefore kinda depends on how well you have performed during your initial contract, it also will depend on the levels of staff that they have at that time - they might not have any room to keep you there (this is also true of the disney housing complexes, sometimes you cant extend as there just isnt enough beds!!!) you will need to wait and speak to your managers about this after you start your program and see what they say.

4. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Thanks for the replys..
    The program I'm doing goes for 6 months or 12 so I guess i'll just have to ask when I go.. Or ask my country's rep maybe. I should have done 12 months to begin with haha!

OR another thought..
    Can you go back and do the program again once you've completed it once? The program I'm doing is the Australia/New Zealand work experience one (i think lol)..

5. Peever

Peever New Member

Well I am not to sure the technical bits to your specific program. With the branch I fell into being Canadian you can reapply though it doesnt make it any easier to get hired again. Also when it comes to your extension wait till you get there and see how things go and make sure its what you want to do first and make sure you love your job. Once you figure it all out and are about 2 months into your program (my suggestion) talk to your manager about the process and how and when it can start. For me it was about 2 months before to check with them and get my name in. I was declined due to it being a numbers game unfortunently.

So as far as I know you can potentially go back again but dont quote me on that ok? :):p

6. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Thanks
    I've sent an email to my country's rep asking, but just waiting for a reply, but yeah, I agree, I think getting over there and seeing how it goes will be the best idea :)

7. Peever

Peever New Member

Yeah cause things are much different one your there and experience it . I know people who were so excited to go and didnt finish contracts cause it just wasnt what they though it would be. It all boils down to what your expecting and what you want :).

8. FairyPrincess

FairyPrincess New Member

i am just trying out if my banner works on here... :D sorry :D

9. vanderlyle

vanderlyle New Member

So the NZ Visa is definitely a one off, though I would imagine that you know this by now. It is only for current students and recent graduates, to return to the states in a working capacity after that you have to be sponsored by an employer, or of a high skill level in certain fields, or go for green card lottery. Though I would post this in case anyone else comes looking for the info :)