Your Days Off

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by origamin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. origamin

origamin New Member

I was wondering if you are allowed to leave Orlando on your days off to visit friends (in Miami for example) or Cast Members can't travel?

2. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

on your days off you can do whatever you like - we did trips to georgia, miami, beaches, vegas, new york, canada, bahamas, i even made a short 5 day trip home - just be careful not to lose the little white card in your passport the i97 or something

3. origamin

origamin New Member

Thank you pinkspideruk :)

4. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Nice to hear that you made it home for 5 days! I was wondering if people actually had the time/money because I'd definitely like to come home just once if I do the programme.
    One of my main aims whilst I'm there is also to travel to all the big American cities I haven't been to before.. so hopefully I can request 2 or 3 days off in a row occasionally!
    xxx

5. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

you usually get 2 days off a week

after you have been there a set amount of time you can request back to backs which means you have your 2 days off at the end of one week and the beginning of another so e.g. you would work mon-fri hen have sat sun as days off then mon tues as days off then work for like 9 days straight or summat til ur next days off

You can also request ADO's (authorised days off)

You can shift swap provided theres someone to swap with and it doesnt put them over the number of hours that puts them into overtime

After like 9 months u can get holidays

You can also call in sick which is what most people do when they want a week off basically have a back 2 back and then call in sick for 3 days which gets u 1 point on your record card (if your off 1 day or 3 days makes no difference) of course if you do that you cant actually go play in the parks as they record your id and tell ur managers and u will then get termed but i know of people who did that and went around to other us towns/cities