Your Most Memorable Social...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Nov 21, 2008.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

What has been your most memorable social event and why? Doesn't have to have been at uni. Was it the theme? Fancy dress? I'm looking for inspiration for a social I'm planning next term.

My personal favourite is a game of pub golf I played last year...so much fun!!

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would love to play pub golf, hehe.

Well my most mermorable would have to be prom and it was very american with all the girls in their big dresses and the guys in kilts (thats not american but just scottish tradition, hehe). I loved my kilt, was immense, i have a photo of it. ill put it on.

Thats me and laura at prom out on the patio at sunset

[​IMG]

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

ah i wish i was scottish sometimes just to wear a kilt haha

a lot of our (squash) socials are not memorable due to the drinking games involved. however, good ones have been:
    -pub golf
    -the squash 'ball' (we just wore shirts and ties around town)

they're the only two i can think of right now, but the idea's we've had for this year include stuff like a 3 legged pub crawl, and lots of dressing up (e.g. squash players, rackets and balls haha)

4. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I'm always that one at nice social events that gets that little bit too hammered...

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Well my most memorable social was in first year during RAG week. I was on the cheerleading squad and at the end of our RAG week we have the Alphabet Ball. Well the cheerleaders got give 'E' and so we all dressed up as Egyptians. Now traditionally sports teams will drink rather a lot before the ball!

So off I trundled to the social secs house, where from 12 noon we had a bucket (which was so strong I think I was gone after two glasses LOL..ok maybe not quite) and then headed off into town at about 1pm to drink a shot of sambucca at every bar. There are A LOT of bars in Cheltenham.

So I was doing quite well until we ended up at the cheer captains house and I sat down. Yeah, really did not feel well so off I was sent in a taxi at 4pm!!! I didn't even make it to Park campus for the ball! I went home, slept for 4 hours on my straightners (which were turned off) work up at 8pm and felt fine!

So there's the reason I don't get drunk anymore LOL. However, my costume was awesome, handmade by myself!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, that sounds fun.

well yesterday after class we went to the union and the girls all bought bottle of wine and offered me some, so i thought, lets go for it. well after 4 glasses i was quite tipsy, haha. then i had a shot of sambucca which was horrible.

That was a great night but not a social. hehe.

My mum and dad went to a kids tv fancy dress party where you had to dress up as kids tv characters. My dad went as "fatman" and my mum went as snow white, they loved it. theyve been to a few fancy dress parties. Ive only ever been to halloween ones. hehe.

Also ive heard of some people going out drinking with the guys dressed as gals and the gals dressed as guys, haha.

7. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Lou, you dark horse! :D Sounds like you had a fun day haha! And kudo's to you for lasting til 4pm.... with that much sambuca I wouldn't last the hour hahaha! That's such a good theme for a ball as well!

My most memorable was either the OAP one I mentioned in your last topic about socials, or the Top Gun Geography Girls social.... both were very fun and I distinctly remember the start of both nights!

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

...and yet you don't mention the end. Mwhahahahahahaha.

Ive never been that drunk not to remember a night out. I don't get hangovers either ;D They gave that luxury to the wrong person!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont get hungover or forget things, i may not remember everything in the morning but i come round to remember it all, hehe.

10. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. When I do get them they're like death :( The worst though, is when you wake up still a bit dizzy from alcohol, so you know that even though you don't feel hungover right now, in a few hours a nasty one is gonna kick in full force :(

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I think i woke up still drunk a few months ago cause i hadnt slept for too long, hehe.

12. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

i turned up to work still drunk the other week..better kick that habit before i leave.

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, would be best to, where do you work?

14. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Best social - BJ (broadcast journalist...no puns please :p ) end of first year...it was jsut great! we all got on so well, and apparantly we ended up in Subtone ( a club in cheltenham) and i dont remember! but i just remember being so happy!

Most drunk - everytime i had a drink i ordered a double gin and lemonade, and a double apple sours (didnt like who i was with so just drank) went to montpellier (posh end of cheltenham) was in a kareoke bar, next thing i know im in the next beautiful bar on the phone to the boyfriend my friend jumps on me and i end up UNDER the table!! next thing i know my friend lauren is trying to get me in a taxi, i broke my umbrella :( sad moment for all involved. I apparantly was saying to the taxi driver i lived in sayer (which i did) but its a block on pittville campus, so lauren is going 'i wanna go to pittville' and im going 'but we dont live on pittville SILLY i live in sayer! S - A - Y - E - R. like tom S - A - W - Y - E - R but S - A - Y - E - R' over and over and over and the taxi driver almost didnt let me home. but i don't remember ANY of this, i fell over a lot too. felt DREADFUL the next morning with LOTS of bruises ( heavy metal stairs to my room) , and haven't lived it down since! particularly as i now live wiht lauren and she loves telling the stories!! hahaa. ;D

hope you've all had a fab eve, ive just got in from work!

15. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

just in a travel agents, i wasn't mega drunk, just hungover and a bit wobbly, it all sorted itself out though :)

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

birmingham last night...hahahaha that was interesting, but luckily not messy!

17. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Ugh, same here. Or if it's a raging crazy party I end up being the totally sober one. Never a balance!

Either way, I am totally embarassing at weddings and family get togethers and I love it :D

Best social events, definately, have to be Monday night parties at the Commons. Favourite themes were toga nights/olympic drinking competitions with other countries, or else ABC night... where you wear anything but clothes! The themes were so great because everyone really gets into it, and is always excited for a Monday night to relax and hang with the other countries after a loooong week.

Basically, my best social events ever have never really mattered on the party itself or the location, but just the people I'm with. And it's one mess of family in Florida, oh jeeez, hahaha.

18. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

i really cannot wait for those kinda parties out there :D

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

we've got a squash social tonight, and i thought i'd share the concept in case i die.
    basically we're playing team drinking games, which goes as follows:
    teams of 3 or 4, teams of 3 have to consume 50 units, teams of 4 have to consume 75 units, and each team must have 3 different types of drink. once that's finished, we have to go to the laundrette, get a packet of polos out of the vending machine each, and eat them quickly as possible. then we have to go to re-load (an event at the union) and down a pint each. the first team to do that wins.

but in reality, everybody loses! i am NOT looking forward to this x

20. maye

maye New Member

Leomgray! Are you Scottish??

I wish I could go to Scotland some day!